My Update

Dot T.
on 8/8/11 10:12 am - Bartlesville, OK
I had my Weight Wise appointment on Thursday.  Dr. B wasn't too harsh on me...  I spilled everything and he told me that I have a choice.  I can either continue on the way I'm going and watch the scale continue to creep up or I can follow the rules I was given 3 years ago and turn this thing around...  I'm GOING TO turn this around!!

I also visited with the dietician and started the "reboot" diet.  It is 3 shakes a day and two bars.  She color coded the price list of what I shakes I needed to buy and what bars were OK to buy.  I bought 2+ weeks of food even though this diet is only 2 weeks long.  I will use the extra items to supplement my diet after this 2 week period when I'm in a time crunch instead of stopping for fast food!

I also had (I think) 7 vials of blood drawn to have all my vitamin levels checked.  They say it will be a week before I get those results.

I also saw the exercise guru...  I'm not going to lie...  I don't like exercise, and so far, I haven't done any.  It is just too hot...  (yeah, I'll have another excuse when that one no longer works)

Anyway, I don't even know if anyone reads on this board or not...  But, that's my update.  I see the dietician again on Aug 16 and will be going to LIFEWISE Support Group that night and I see Dr. B in 6 weeks.

TTFN
Dot*
angienichole
on 8/9/11 9:41 am
Good for you for going back and facing your challenges head on! That is the BEST thing you can do! Yes you CAN and you WILL turn this thing around. I really wish Dr. B. would have worked on my brain opposed to my tummy, but that's not really possible, so we have to do whatever we can with the tool he provided for us. The reboot diet doesn't sound too terrible and it is ONLY 2 weeks... Just take it 1 day and 1 meal at a time.

Dr. B. and Dr. W. really want nothing more than for their patients to succeed. Your visit with him proves just that. It doesn't matter if you are 3 weeks out or 3 years out, they are there for you!!!

Please keep us posted on how your reboot diet goes and how you do with it.

I am really excited for you and proud of you for taking this very difficult step. I go back to see Dr. B. on 9/2/2011, my 2 year surgiversary. I really want to make him proud, but I know I am struggling too. We all have choices to make. I wish the temptations weren't so strong.

Best of luck to you!

(((HUGS)))
Angie
48lbs lost PRE-OP -  LBL on 3/24/2011 -- 11lbs of skin removed! 

Dot T.
on 8/9/11 12:18 pm - Bartlesville, OK
Thanks for your reply...  Yes, they are all there to see us all succeed no matter how long it has been since our surgery.  I'm so glad I faced the music and went in. 

The dietician (I think her name was Stephanie) told me that days 2-3 would be the hardest, and for me it was day 4, but today was day 5 and I did fine.  The bars and protein they sell there is by far the best tasting I have ever had, and I have tried a LOT of them!

I work with a couple RNY'ers and my sister is an RNY'er and none of them have the support of their doctors anymore and they are jealous.  The two I work with both have the same doctor and he doesn't do anything for them and my sister's doctor moved out of state and no longer does WLS surgery...

Do you think the doctors of WW would see them if they need to see a doctor about WLS issues?
angienichole
on 8/11/11 1:19 pm
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!! Yes, I had a friend that had RNY about 2 months after I did, by a different surgeon in the Tulsa area. She was dropped when they were moving her from the operating bed to the recovery bed. Needless to say, she did NOT want to go back to that doctor AT ALL... however, she had complication after complication after complication. She went and saw Dr. Walton and he treated her like he would any of his patients and tried to get her back on track. Unfortunately, she didn't follow through with it, and continues to have a lot of issues... BUT, YES!!! They will be HAPPY to help ANYONE they can!!!!

Just give them the # and they can call and schedule an appointment. :)

Good luck to them and I hope you keep us posted! I will check in, periodically! :)

I am thinking a reboot may be needed next time I go too... we shall see! :)
48lbs lost PRE-OP -  LBL on 3/24/2011 -- 11lbs of skin removed! 

mamacj
on 9/18/11 7:32 am - Vinita, OK
Hi Dot,
I am so happy to read your post. I got off track with my eating and exercise and am determined to get my WL life back. You are inspiring! Best wishes with your reboot.
CJ
CJ   Nothing tastes as good as HEALTHY feels!!!
Initial consult 7/31/08 Surgery date 10/9/08

Most Active
Recent Topics