Still suffering with HORRIBLE gas bubbles

jbpayne
on 9/26/11 12:15 am
I had my surgery Tuesday 9/20.  I am suffering horribly with gas bubbles and hiccups.  I have never been able to burp or belch to relieve these, but Pepto Bismol would always help.  I can not take PB now and the Gas X strips do NOTHING, except maybe make it worse? 

Not able to get my total liquid amounts in because of them.  PLEASE, if anyone out there has had this problem and has a remedy, please let me know.  I do not want to go in for IV's.

mamacj
on 9/26/11 9:21 am - Vinita, OK
Which surgery did you have? I'm not sure if the answer I give you will help with every surgery but it worked with my lap band.
I'm sure you know walking helps, if you are still not able to walk too much, rocking in a rocking chair helps (don't knock it, I have had my post op cesarean patients do this and it helps them!). Taking the liquids slow really helps too. I am a gulper when it comes to water & such so that was a hard lesson for me to learn.
Best wishes!
CJ
CJ   Nothing tastes as good as HEALTHY feels!!!
Initial consult 7/31/08 Surgery date 10/9/08

jbpayne
on 9/27/11 3:35 am
I had the sleeve procedure.  I am so much better today!  Finally could not stand it any longer so I got a massage!  It is unbelievable how much that helped!  I felt like a million dollars. 

My wonderful doctor called and told me I am a person that gulps a lot of air and to pay particular close attention to when I am sucking in air and not even know it!  I have been amazed today as I have started on that new life transforming moment.

Thank you for your answer and I hope my solution will help others.

j
mamacj
on 9/27/11 8:39 am - Vinita, OK
Glad you are feeling better. It's easier to enjoy the weightloss journey when you aren't miserable :)
CJ   Nothing tastes as good as HEALTHY feels!!!
Initial consult 7/31/08 Surgery date 10/9/08

Brittany E.
on 9/27/11 11:55 am - Norman, OK
I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm a gulper too and it is awful on the gas. I've got to learn to slow down (and I'm 3 months out!) and take smaller sips. I just get so thirsty that it feels like it'll never get quenched. Hope you're healing well and you love your sleeve as much as I do!
HW: 325-SW weight: 305     
Happycat
on 10/10/11 7:31 am - Midwest City, OK
It does get better!  I found that on different days I needed my drinks to be different temperatures for max intake.  That is when I got hooked on decaf coffee.  For me warm has always gone down better.  Experiment with cold, cool, lukewarm, and warm drinks.  You might also try a straw.  I know we were all told no straws- ever, but sometimes it does help to keep you from gulping air.  Counter intuitive I know but worth a try.

Hang in there!

I have maintained for one year at this point.  I am steady at -120 pounds.  =)
40 pounds lost pre-op    
Most Active
Recent Topics