Weight wise

Missy_B
on 1/3/14 11:03 am - Claremore, OK

Has anyone gone to Weight Wise in Edmond?  I'm considering using them.

Monkey-Baby
on 2/7/14 12:50 pm - oklahoma city, OK
Lap Band on 03/27/14

I went to the seminar and they sounded great.  I would have used them till I realized they were off my insurance plan and I wasn't going to self pay.  Mr. Walton very nice

Alicia L.
on 2/9/14 7:40 am - Wichita, KS

I had my surgery in Edmond in Nov, 2010. Dr. Walton did my surgery, but the whole staff there is top notch. I drove down from Kansas to have my surgery there if that is of worth to you.

Find me on facebook: facebook.com/shoppinggirl
I also routinely update my blog, www.memyselfandalicia.com
musicteacher26
on 2/15/14 1:53 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
VSG on 04/29/14
musicteacher26
on 2/15/14 2:03 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
VSG on 04/29/14

Hi Alicia!  I went to the Weight Wise seminar with Dr. Walton a couple of weeks ago to find out more info, and I have my first official consultation this Thursday!  I'm very excited, and hoping to get things moving very quickly.  I'm leaning towards the VSG right now.  I'm wondering what your timeline was from your first consultation to surgery date.  Thanks!

Missy_B
on 10/14/14 6:15 am - Claremore, OK

Well, I had my surgery with Dr. Walton one week ago today.  Already down 10 lbs. I highly recommend him!

jazzy15
on 11/26/14 10:21 pm - Longdale, OK

I had VSG surgery two days ago.  Dr. Walton was wonderful!  His staff is very helpful as most of them have had one of the surgeries as well.  I started with them on October 27 and had surgery on Nov. 25.  All of my appointments went pretty smooth and I have a great advocate.  They explain things very well to you.  I was private pay so it was either do it on Nov. 25 if all of my stuff came back or wait until Jan 6th.  I was impatient and lucky that I got in a couple of days ago. 

asmallerme83
on 2/17/15 5:15 am - Oklahoma City, OK

I used weight wise for my surgery and I am so glad that I did. I remember very well being told by a plastic surgeon that I was too heavy to have my asymmetrical breasts fixed. It was a devastating and tormenting moment in my life and I went home crying over the fact that things were so "unfair". Late on a Sunday evening I called the number and left a message requesting information about the program. I received a phone call back within ONE HOUR of leaving my message. Now, this all happened in April or May of 2008. I was a self-pay and did not jump through hoops. I completed the requirements and went to surgery in July 2008. I followed the plans and went to see all the people etc. I started at 276 and today am 150. I struggle on a daily basis... I probably wouldn't have been in the mess in the first place if losing weight and maintaining it had been "easy". So, to say that the program is worth the money is an understatement. BUT, it ONLY WORKS if YOU TRY. This is not magic, it does not make you impervious to weight gain. After the first year you better had figured out the right way to live or you will regret ever single bite. Dr. Walton has created a safe place where any person can go for support. If I was struggling today, I could pick up the phone and have an appointment with any person I wanted to see. I would still be a name and not a "previous patient". I am still contacted by them once a year to keep track of my continued success and I am happy to say that I have finally figured out what I MUST DO to continue weight loss and maintenance. It isn't all about the program here, what I am trying to get at is that you are being provided opportunities and tools that can help you, but in the end it is all about you and what you really want. The more you want it, the easier it is to deal with the sacrifices that get you there. If you ever have questions, please do not hesitate to ask!  

Robbin
on 2/21/15 11:50 pm - OK

I have a friend in edmond that had the band about 4 years ago but has gained nearly all of her weight back. Can't seem to get her mind convinced of anything helpful at this time. Sugar and late night eating are her biggest strong holds. Any suggestions? Her surgeon moved out of town so she currently doesn't have a doctor or any suppoert.

asmallerme83
on 2/22/15 3:12 am - Oklahoma City, OK

Robbin,

First, let me say that your friend is lucky to have someone like you that cares. Second, and I mean this kindly, stay out of it. The old adage "lead a horse to water" applies to almost every cir****tance in which we humans must make our own path. Your friend will do whatever he/she is comfortable with. They will not do anything because you are urging them. Weight gain and loss is so personal. While we would all like to think WE would take any advise our friends would offer, in reality WE get offended. We get angry and hurt because our friends are supposed to be there for us and accept our grief and misery without trying to change us. Be there to support your friend and make your own changes. None of us are perfect but it sure makes it easier to accept that we need help when our friends start making changes in their lives. I know this isn't what you probably want to hear, but leading by example is the greatest justice you can do for your friend. No matter what option your friend chose in the past (RNY, VSG, lap band, weigh****chers, etc), he/she did not fail because of you. The lap band is a hard row to hoe. Of all the surgeries, it demands the most discipline and the most willingness to change everything. I have many friends who struggle with weight and from experience, I can promise you that the best advise I have ever given them was none. They have watched me lose and gain and struggle. One by one they have each made little changes in their lives because of something they have seen me do in my own. I'm no great leader, I can give them no magic oration to influence their behavior. I can only be me and show my best side to them because I care and want them to be healthy too. Share your lifestyle with your friend. Simple comments like "I drink cherry coke zero because it's so good and I can have it without worrying about the sugar" will carry more weight than "why don't you go see the weight loss doctor". There will be a time and place for those comments, but your friend will make it perfectly clear to you when that will be. He/she will have already made that decision long before they ask your opinion. No matter what you think personally, just smile and encourage whatever positive behavior they are attempting to make. You are your friend's greatest ally. 

Now, don't think there is no good advise. If your friend asks what you would do in his or her situation, lay out your plan of attack. What would you do? Remember that your friend has failed at every attemp thus far so many ideas like "go to the gym everyday" are absurd to them. If they truly ask what you would do, think small. Little changes morph into meaningful gifts. You can tell them things like "well I think I would give up regular soda and attempt to eat at least two of my three regular meals at home instead of fast food" then follow with why: "because I know that sugary drinks are my weakness and are the easiest to change and because I have read that people who eat out more than once a week tend to gain weight. I can't give up eating out entirely, but I can make a change towards the right direction." It's not about your friend, it's about you and it makes it easier to swallow. I hope these things help you in encouraging your friend to master their life. I hope it isn't a waste of your time to read this, like I have said before, weight is so very personal. No one can make a person lose weight or choose the right options. When your friend wants to make a change, he/she will do so. Until then, be encouraging and live healthy for them. If your friend needs some specific ideas, I'm happy to make those suggestions based on their own recognized struggles. I promise you, if your friend was ever successful at weight loss, he/she already knows what to do, they just haven't gotten to the point of wanting to make the sacrifices that make weight loss happen. At least not yet. Show them you are willing to make those sacrifices and perhaps they will follow. 

Most Active
Recent Topics