Insurance Aggravation

Jeanine F.
on 12/1/03 1:43 am
I've read a few approvals for my insurance company (Aetna) that have stated they were approved in 48 hours, one day, etc. How do they know? I have talked to everyone I can bother at Aetna, and they say they haven't recieved my paperwork. It was mailed to a p o box in Lexington KY on 11/7/03. Does anyone have advice for me?
tbroxton
on 12/1/03 3:59 am - Olympia, WA
I'm sure you've already asked the doctor when it was mailed out so I'm not sure what you can do short of bugging the crap out of the insurance company until they give you an answer. I did not have any insurance problems but from what I've read of those who do, it's usually because it's sitting on someone's desk waiting to be approved or not. Even snail mail doesn't take almost a month to get there. Keep the faith and keep on bugging them.
Jeanine F.
on 12/3/03 10:06 am
Toinette, Thanks so much for responding! I called Aetna again yesterday, and found out that the p o box the Dr.'s office sent my stuff to is a general address, and my paperwork has been sitting in a correspondence pile!! The girl I talked to was somehow able to forward my papers First Priority to the review department. She said I should know something in a couple of weeks.
mytellica
on 12/1/03 4:01 am - Midwest City, OK
I'm with Aetna as well, my question to you is did you send it certified when you sent it? That is the first thing I've been told to do, that way someone has to sign for it and they can't say they didn't get it. Please don't take this wrong, but did you also make sure that is where you needed to send your info back? Other than that, I don't have much help. I'm still fighting them myself. I missed my appeal deadline, so I have to start all over.
Jeanine F.
on 12/3/03 10:15 am
Thanks for responding Crystal! This is so great to have people to correspond with who are going throught the exact same thing I am. Joy from Dr. Bosquez' office sent my paperwork to the p o box in KY, and come to find out, it is just a general address. Lisa from Aetna was able to tell me that my stuff was sitting in a correspondence pile. She was able to forward it to the review department and put a First Priority on it. It is as if Joy does not care where the paperwork goes, or if you get approved. Now I have a fax to send to in case I am denied this first time. I can handle things myself one hell of a lot better than Joy!!
Jeanine F.
on 12/3/03 10:15 am
Thanks for responding Crystal! This is so great to have people to correspond with who are going throught the exact same thing I am. Joy from Dr. Bosquez' office sent my paperwork to the p o box in KY, and come to find out, it is just a general address. Lisa from Aetna was able to tell me that my stuff was sitting in a correspondence pile. She was able to forward it to the review department and put a First Priority on it. It is as if Joy does not care where the paperwork goes, or if you get approved. Now I have a fax to send to in case I am denied this first time. I can handle things myself one hell of a lot better than Joy!!
Most Active
Recent Topics