Exercise and Optifast?

laura S.
on 6/22/11 12:01 am - London, Canada

Can you continue with your regular exercise program when you are on optifast?  I know your calories are very limited and I just wonder if it would be a good idea to scale down the exercise or just continue plugging away at it while you are on it?

Laura

Donnaslifepart2
on 6/22/11 12:10 am - Canada
If you have the energy, continue.  If you stop, you will lose fitness ground and have to make it up.  Also, post-op you will take in fewer calories and be expected to get out there and do it.
sueberman
on 6/22/11 12:41 am
I had the energy simply because I was so excited and it continued into the weeks after surgery too.  I wasn't allowed any extra food but I was ok to carry on the way I was, not that I was able to do much at that weight.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Monica M.
on 6/22/11 1:59 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
whatever works best for you. If you have the energy, go ahead. if you're in a routine, it'd be a shame to break the routine.

highlandbear
on 6/22/11 4:15 am - Canada
I was able to coninue with my swimming and work out during optifast. i was on optifast for 3 weeks. The last week I had to leave the pool part way through because I was done to tired. The good thing is I still got in and did some. Listen to your body. It will let you know.
Most Active
Recent Topics