I am ready for plastics

Evelyne66
on 9/14/11 2:42 am - Vaughan, Canada
Just wondering if anyone else has gone for plastic surgery....I am at 6 months and Dr. Hagan recommended Dr. Backstein.  Has anyone else gone to this doctor?

Evelyne

highlandbear
on 9/14/11 5:12 am - Canada
I have not had pastic surgery but from everything I have read they want you to be 2 years out. I am just letting you know so you don't get disappointed. Good Luck
Evelyne66
on 9/14/11 5:19 am - Vaughan, Canada
I have already talked to the doctor and it is ok after the 6 months mark.....I don't know where you got that info from but it has changed since then. 

Evelyne

flyingwoman
on 9/14/11 6:34 am
You are "OK" to have surgery after 6 months, but that doesn't mean OHIP will pay for it then. OHIP's rules on Panni are 2 years I believe, or weight stable for 1 year after goal.

maria's got the point though.... you want to have lost all your weight before going in for plastics.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 6:16 am - Vaughan, Canada

By your health tracker, it looks like you still got some more to lose.  In my opinion, I would wait until you lost everything or at least be in the last 10 to 15 pounds.  You don't want to go through the plastic surgery now and then have to do it again because you lost more weight.

I have quite a bit of hanging skin in my belly area that I want to take a scissors to but I'm just going to be patient and wait until everything is done before I do another major surgery.  Just a thought.

pinkjellybean
on 9/14/11 6:56 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I really don't know much on this subject but wouldn't you want to finish losing all of your weight before you had plastic surgery?  Something about having it while you are losing weight still doesn't make sense to me because wouldn't you lose more weight afterward resulting in a need for more plastic surgery?

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

dancingdaisy
on 9/14/11 7:13 am - Canada
Seems very early to me. I am 6 months out as well and not even considering anything until next fall. I may do breast reduction earlier..like next spring or summer. I am pretty sure ohip would cover that for me..but would pay to have the lift at the same time. I am not counting on ohip covering panni removal..it seems that they do not cover it often.
JJ_
on 9/14/11 7:48 am
Hiya,

I haven't every used Dr. Backstein.  I am sure the doctor will provide you with feedback as to the appropriatenees or not of plastic surgery at this point.

Good luck in your decision.

Judy
Leanne1
on 9/14/11 9:31 am - Newmarket, Canada
I was 7 months out and went for a plastics consult. I was hoping that OHIP would cover some of it and because I have not maintained for a minimum of 1year, I was DENIED.

If you are not at goal yet, it is not worth the thousands of dollars it is going to cost you. I am at my 1 year mark as of today, and I am still going to wait about 6 more months, at least.

And just a little bit of info for you (not to sound rude in any way), but when people respond, it is usually because they have alot knowledge of what they are talking about. Don't forget, you are still a newbie as am I. most plastic surgeons want you to maintain for a minimum of a year and it takes at least a year to get near goal, so when Highlandbear said 2 yrs, she is correct. When I went to see my PS, he wanted me to wait and I am glad he was honest about that. I think you are rushing it and the dr just wants your money and that is not fair to you. You will still end up with alot of loose yukky skin if you do it now.

I suggest you heed everyones advise...

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 9:52 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I"m not sure why Dr. Hagen wants you to see a PS already.  If your tracker is correct then you are still in losing mode.  Is he referring you because the skin needs to be medically removed now as it is causing mobility problems or does he want you to have it removed because he feels you are at goal?  I know of a few that have had the panni removed long before the weight loss was over but only because it was medically necessary for them due to mobility issues.  That I can totally understand but if it's for other reasons, it doesn't make sense.  My PS won't do any abdomen work on you unless your BMI is under 30.  He was very clear about that because the higher the BMI, the higher the risk of severe complications from plastic surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics