Having a touch time

HaroldC
on 2/29/12 6:17 am - Canada

My weight has been pretty much flat for the last few weeks.
I have lost a total of 57 pounds since December 6th (start of optifast), but I am getting frustated with the total slowdown. I am down from 288 pounds and wonder if 231 pounds is as good as it is going to get.

I was really hoping to get to 199, but I am losing faith.

I have been thrilled with the transformation in my health, diabetes, HBP and Cholesteral are all gone.

Infact my BP is averaging 90/65.

Having a bad day....at least tomorrow is a new one:)

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

hobbithands
on 2/29/12 6:20 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Sending good thoughts your way!

Brenda T.
on 2/29/12 6:20 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Hi Harold, I haven't had my surgery yet, but I'm sure you are just at a stall, you aren't done yet.
I'm sure others will sugest you track and measure your food, and do you post in the what are you eating post? That might be good too and to get ideas.
Keep your chin up.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

(deactivated member)
on 2/29/12 6:22 am - Canada
Harold, I feel your pain and frustration! I've been in a plateau since Dec. 22nd! I've lost 80lbs and I think it's wonderful but I too keep thinking....maybe that's it. Maybe I'll always be 272lbs. Im really okay with that because I can do SO much more than I could at 353lbs.

Deep down I know I'll lose more but it's so frustrating when that scale doesnt move or things slow down.
Karen W.
on 2/29/12 6:31 am - Canada
Hi Harold.

After my first 2 weeks out, I lost 1-2 lbs per week, with several stalls.  This is a gently reminder that it's probably been a long time since you averaged a weight loss of nearly 20 lbs per month.  Just saying....

Do you weigh and measure everything you eat?  Have you been taking your measurements (I do it monthly)?  Getting enough protein?  Low carb?  Lots of caffeine-free liquids? Getting some exercise?

If you've been doing these things, your weight loss will kick back in.  Have you ever thought that you might not be getting in enough calories? Sometimes that causes your body to hold on stubbornly to every ounce.  If you are doing all of the above and are sure that you're getting the right amount of calories, you might want to see the NUT at your clinic.

Try not to be discouraged.  We're all here for you.  You will lose more weight!

RNY April 11, 2011       

Diminishing Dawn
on 2/29/12 6:38 am - Windsor, Canada
Part of the process is having reasonable goals Harold. We don't lose overnight and the lower we get down on the scale, the slower it gets.

57 lbs in 3 months is fantastic.... And yes it will slow down but considering you have another 15 months or so of malabsorption, you are doing more than terrific. You need to keep in mind that the last 20 may also be worked off at the gym.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

HaroldC
on 2/29/12 9:38 am - Canada
Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement.

I do keep a food diary and measure everything. I also participate regularly in the " what are you eating today" tread.

Exercise is at least once a day sometimes twice.

I know more weight will come off, just needed some support, thanks

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

Radiogirl39
on 2/29/12 9:56 am - Canada
Wow! You have had so many good results already, I'm not sure why you are so disappointed.  I started OF on Oct 29th and had surgery on Nov 11th and I've lost 58.8 lbs.  That's still an average of 4.1 lbs per week, which is an above average weight loss to do it in a healthy way for your body.  I am also in a stall and it's been 2.5 weeks since I lost an ounce.  I remind myself all the time that it is just a bump in the road.  It IS a scary bump though.  Also, make sure that you are getting enough protein in because apparently that can cause a stall or at least a plateau.

57 lbs in less than 3 months is awesome, enjoy it. When's the last time you were able to get those results.  Let your body catch up a little.

Julie

Leanne1
on 2/29/12 10:36 am - Newmarket, Canada
That is great progress Harold! just sounds like a bit of a stall, which generally happens at this point of the journey. Try shaking things up a bit with your foods. Your body has just gotten used to things and needs to be reminded that YOU are the boss Your body is just saying "WTF are you doing to me?"

Does your dr know what your BP is at this point?
I only ask because a friend from work was told if she got to '90', they would have to hook her up to a monitor. She is a cleaner in the ER and the nurses check her BP on a regular basis.
You don't want your BP to get to low!

Keep on truckin' Harold, you'll get there :D

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Karen M.
on 2/29/12 11:46 am - Mississauga, Canada
Give. It.  Time.

For F sakes, read my profile.  Didn`t reach true goal unitl about 3 YEARS out.

You people are so Fìng impatient, seriously.  Sorry for my candor.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics