So many questions??

MFislandgirl
on 4/19/12 12:19 pm - Canada
I'm new to this...not sure where to start with all the questions I have. Maybe one of you might have insight into them.
Question # 1) Does anyone have Poly Cystic that has had WLS and has noticed less facial hair growth?
#2) How quickly will I see a change in my diabetes?
#3) Has anyone noticed a change in their seasonal allergies since having WLS?
I'm sure as the process progresses I will have more questions...thanks for any help!!
MFislandgirl
on 4/19/12 3:02 pm - Canada
Someone has kindly & privately brought it to my attention that the "MF" in my user name could be misunderstood as inappropraite ...how ever it stands for MooseFactorygirl ... I am trying to figure out how to change it so please be patient with me until I do....it was not my intention to offend any one....so please answer my questions if you can...thanks a bunch!!
MooseFactoryGirl {JEN}  

WLS:Summer 2013. Orient:March 16, 2012. Psych:April 25, 2012. SW:April 25, 2012. Dietitian:April 26, 2012. Reg Nurse:April 26, 2012. Doc:April 26, 2012.    
ToNewBeginnings
on 4/19/12 8:57 pm
Oh brother,
if anyone is offended tell them to go pee on a tree!

Joyce J.
on 4/19/12 10:18 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hahahaha Yvonne LOL

I thought the same thing but different words ............... initials MF actually come to mind LOL

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Leslie W.
on 4/19/12 10:02 pm - Cobourg, Canada
Welcome to OH. Unfortunately you cant change it. You can go to set up and change it to display your first name. Otherwise you have to delete and start over again,

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Karen M.
on 4/20/12 2:03 am - Mississauga, Canada
Yes she can - people change their display name all the time.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/12 2:29 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
She can't change her username as that one is permanent but she can change her first name and last name to be anything she wants.  I was tired of my username so went in and made my first name Tracey and last name 112205.  She could do the same and do first name MooseFactory and last name Girl but her username would still stay MFislandgirl.
Karen M.
on 4/20/12 2:07 am - Mississauga, Canada
You've got to be kidding me.  Even if it *did* stand for mother f*****, it's your prerogative to have whatever name/initials you want.  It's not like you came on here with a name like "hate_fat_folks_" or "kill_babies" for gawd sakes. I think I'll change my name to "that MF'er Karen".

lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Peel1234
on 4/19/12 9:12 pm
Hi Sent you a Personal Message.  welcome to the board.  Diane

Will take a kayaking trip summer 2012, freedom

msheavyhearted
on 4/19/12 9:25 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
Hi and welcome.

I thought MF were your initals.

I can't help with 1 or 3 from personal experience but I can wager that your facial hair situation will improve as your hormones from the PCOS comes back into balance. As for seasonal allergies... I personally haven't seen any correlation between those and WLS. I might be wrong but I don't know how they would be related.

As for diabetes... I had a mild case that was diet controlled. In hospital immediately post-op, my sugars went up to around 10 which was REALLY high for me. (I never went above a 7 at home.) This was just a reaction to the trauma of the surgery itself. Once discharged, my sugars returned to normal and within a week or two were back to around 5 mmol/L. To put it into perspective, my Hemoblobin A1C prior to surgery was 6.7% (Normal for diabetics is under 7% and normal for non-diabetics is 4%-6%.) My first post op blood work at about one month post op was 6% - normal for a  non-diabetic. Not bad as the A1C reading is an average of your glucose control over the preceeding 3 months. I can't wait to see what it will be at my blood work next month as that will show only glucose control since surgery.

If you're on meds (either oral or insulin) it  may take you longer to gain full control. As I understand it, some people will never completely return to "normal". You should certainly see a difference almost immediately, though.

Keep reading and posting your questions.

Thea
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Most Active
Recent Topics