I feel skinny when I look at this picture!

Poppy53
on 1/3/13 3:49 pm - Timmins, Ontario, Canada

You definitely are quite slim!!  Good luck with maintenance for 2013.

zombiesugar
on 1/3/13 8:46 pm

I agree - put that picture on your fridge so you can see it all the time! Looking gooood.

slrm2m2
on 1/3/13 9:56 pm - Canada

The skinny is nice, but the healthy is better.  I am moving with a kind of freedom that I didn't have for years due to arthritis in my hips.  And yes, reaching goal is just a drop in the bucket....the real work for me is only starting now...the binge eating, body image and a host of other issues.  But I've very grateful for the surgery...it really has given me a bigger life...but now I have to figure out what i want to do with that bigger life.    Thanks to all for the comments.

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

mermaidz
on 1/3/13 9:56 pm - Brampton, Canada

Very good!.. You reached "SB" status lol

I hope you have success in figuring out the binge eating and what the triggers are.. It would be heart breaking to have worked so hard only to have it reverse itself

Good work!!

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

slrm2m2
on 1/3/13 9:58 pm - Canada

We'll see....I was never one of those people that declared, "lbs lost forever"...cause I've been up and down the scale too many times before.  There are no guarantees, not even with wls.  Time will tell, one day at a time, with hard and honest work on my eating issues.  Thanks for your well wishes.

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

ShallowGirl
on 1/4/13 12:24 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

Yes you look definitely skinny.  I agree to put this on your fridge to remind yourself to eat, and that normal people eat at least 10% junk so not to beat yourself up.

You may want to do what a lot of skinny mini's do, and try to build muscle mass and toning.

Best wishes.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

time2changeme
on 1/4/13 12:54 am

Congratulations!  You look great!

Moselle
on 1/4/13 2:07 am - Athens, Canada

Oh  Sandy, I'm so happy for you! You look wonderful.

I wish you much continued success and all the best for 2013.

Muriel

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

jdance
on 1/4/13 3:18 am - Canada

I would definately say you are skinny. The head games come back unfortunately, I'm dealing with them now. Was able to get control before it got too far out of hand, but it's a constant journey to stay slim. some find it easier than others. Figure out what your triggers are and work on them. Mine is sitting in front of the TV. and then eating. so I haven't done that once this week and am seeing the weight come back off.  Getting back to basics. It's scary when the honeymoon is over and weight starts to creep back, but the tool is there and we have to slap ourselves and say "What the Heck are you doing." It's so much easier to get control of 10lbs than 100.

but we are all human and I'm sure most of us let those nasty thoughts and habits back in at some point, we just have to try and recognize them and act on them.

Good for posting your truths, you do look marvelous, good job.

Most Active
Recent Topics