Compression shirts

Riley Sanders
on 2/13/13 11:08 pm - Canada

So now that I have lost a bit of weight I have been noticing things are starting to hang a little so I thought Id buy a compression shirt.  I bought an underarmour v neck compression shirt and at first looking at it I was highly skeptical id even get it on...  but i did and while I wouldnt wear it around by itself it looks good under my sweater.. everything is bound and my posture feels better.. Just thought Id ask what are yall wearing and what has your experience been.  I am thinking this might stretch out lol

onmom
on 2/13/13 11:27 pm

I use long johns with compression as well. They are not as strong as compression alone but they do help and keep me warm. they are less uncomfortable then straight compression wear. I wear spanks when going out special.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/14/13 12:25 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I like the Fat Free Dressing ones from costco. The tank tops... They go up to a 2xl and I bought mine when I was a 3 xl but made them work anyway. Love them I tell ya!

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Monica M.
on 2/14/13 12:28 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

i always wear a tank top under my shirt, or the flexees from costco (tho i got them at a liquidation outlet). When i run (in winter) i wear a long sleeved compression thing.

I find the flexees and compression shirts kind of uncomfortable for all day tho, by the end of my work day (flexees) or run (compression thing) i'm reaaaaaaaaalllllllllly happy to get it off.

jennb3
on 2/14/13 6:40 pm - Canada
My doctor just recommended I get compression undies. My question is are they simply for esthetics to give you a smoother look or will they actually help the lose skin situation?
I'm noticing my body changing and I'm getting new 'rolls' where there were nine before - like my back.
I have 2 pairs of spanx but I figure they're too big now... Can I still wear them for now till I get a chance to buy new ones?
referral: fall 2010, orientation: march 2011, nut/psyc: fall 2011, nurse: jan 2012,   tests: march 2012, pre-surg class: Sept 2012, surgeon, Sept. 2012.  Surgery:  Nov 8, 2012

JJ_
on 2/14/13 7:24 pm

I do not wear any of these compression garments.....   I guess I remember the old school girdles :(

Judy

Mary A.
on 2/19/13 1:05 am

I just bought some really good form fitting bras..and a pair of Spanx (for special occasions..)..>LOL

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics