First SV and some NSV's

Lolabug
on 10/7/13 12:06 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

So, it's been just over three months sine I started Opti and as of this weekend, I finally hit 50 pounds lost! Yay me!

It's been an interesting ride so far. I've had 2 major stalls but because I did my research on this forum, I knew that they were to be expected and that if I continued to keep on doing what I was supposed to, I would get past it. For all new people, go back at least a year in time on this forum and read every post!!!! Knowledge is power.

So far I've some NSV's as well. My pants, which were a bit "floody" are now a perfect length if not a bit long. I won't miss you thigh fat!

Jeans that I couldn't even do up before are now a bit big. Jeans that I couldn't even think of getting up on my hips do up. Although, with that much muffinidge, I'm going to give them one more week before they are ready for any casual days.

When I get up in the morning, I'm not hunched over in pain from my feet bothering me. And that's on top of doing a lot more exercise. Inf act, my knees don't hurt after exercise and I don't have to have a few days rest in between exercise.

Since surgery, I've not have to had any insulin. My endo will check my bloodwork in December but everything is looking good.

I had to stop my last pill from pre-surgery because it was putting my blood pressure too low. I was always borderline, at the high end of normal and taking this pill for another reason. I always suspected that I should have low blood pressure and maybe I was right.

When I have naps without my cpap I don't wake myself up with my snoring anymore. I'll be tested in Dec/Jan and am hoping I can get rid of the Darth Vader mask then. Hello nose piercing!

I've started to incorporate a light jog at the end of each power walk. Yes, I said the word jog in relation to me. Who would have thunk it? My goal is to run some races next year and start a collection of medals and t-shirts. Who is this former couch potato? lol

I've been blessed that I've not had any complications and have been able to tolerate everything that I've tried so far. Even plain water is getting better.

For those of you waiting, get informed as much as possible. Read, read, read. After surgery is sip, sip, sip and chew,chew,chew.

LilyBugsMommy
on 10/7/13 12:16 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

You sound like you are doing awesome & have a great attitude!

Congrats on you current success and good luck on your future successes!!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Lolabug
on 10/7/13 12:31 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Thanks, I've been following your journey too so right back at'cha!

Patm
on 10/7/13 1:20 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations on your successes. You have obviously done your research and aced your losing. I wish you continued success

Lolabug
on 10/7/13 1:31 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Thanks Pat!

Julia P.
on 10/7/13 1:53 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

You are doing such a great job, Alena!  Congratulations on your success to date!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Lolabug
on 10/7/13 1:56 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Thanks Julia, I have some excellent footsteps to follow in!

Monica M.
on 10/7/13 1:55 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

so proud of you!!!!! you are doing so well, and i KNOW you will continue to do well. 50% of this is food, 50% is moving, and 150% is attitude. You've got this!!!!

Lolabug
on 10/7/13 1:57 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

thanks Monica, I am so glad that you are a part of this forum. You rock!

TanyaLH
on 10/7/13 7:26 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

That is awesome!! Congrats on all your SV and NSV.

Most Active
Recent Topics