Abdominal ultrasound call back?

Leafchick17
on 1/1/14 2:08 am
RNY on 04/14/14

I had my abdominal ultrasound a couple weeks ago and was quite excited things were finally happening after a bit of a lull.  My family doctor has now asked that I come in to go over the results, he's the one who ordered it.  Of course his secretary couldn't give me any info and I have to wait until the 7th to see him because he's off this week.  Is he just being a good doctor, should I be worried? Any thoughts?  I am nervous :(

Orientation Hamilton: July 22, 2013 Ultrasound: December 18, 2013 Bloodwork/ECG: January 29, 2014 Nutritionist/Social Worker/RN: February 12, 2014 Gastroscopy: March 4, 2014 Internist: March 6, 2014 Surgeon: March 13, 2014 (cancelled by clinic) Echocardiogram: March 19, 2014 Rescheduled Surgeon: April 1, 2014 SURGERY: April 14/14

Caroline K.
on 1/1/14 3:02 am

It's probably nothing, but if you're overweight, female and over 35, chances are good you have gallstones. That could be something to discuss, since a gallbladder attack can be excruciatingly painful and it's good to know what's happening. I had my first attack without warning several years ago, and I thought I was going to die/have a heart attack. Good luck!

kimber291
on 1/1/14 3:42 am, edited 1/1/14 3:43 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

I went to my family doctor on Monday as I was having abdominal pain and it wasn't the first time. I am pre op as well and I am concerned it is my gallbladder, so I wanted to rule anything out before I go see the internist on January 30, (I didn't want to hold things up either) 

I go back this Monday for the results (he had me book the appt the same day I had it) so I am thinking it is just a mandatory thing that he calls patients back in. 

I am sure everything is okay :-). Good luck!!

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

new_me180
on 1/1/14 3:43 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Depends on the doctor. If any of my results are abnormal, the nurse usually calls me with a message from the doctor and asks me if I want to come in and discuss the results if I don't understand. Sometimes I go in sometimes not. Like I mentioned before, it depends on the doctor.

Zizzler
on 1/1/14 12:04 pm

Usually if they know what is wrong the nurse will just tell me to take this or do that.  Only time they ask me to come in is to clarify some points or get more information from me. You could try calling to see if there are any cancellations in the next few days, maybe you could get in to see the doctor sooner?  I have been waiting for a call re my abdominal ultrasound appointment for about a month now, hopefully they will call soon and I will get a date scheduled. Good luck and glad to hear you have some movement forward in the process. 

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Most Active
Recent Topics