Taking a trip?

TiffanyandCo
on 5/27/14 12:16 am - Canada

Hey guys this Thursday I'm going on a trip to Niagara Falls with my family. I will be starting the second phase of the diet (purred  food)... I was going over the list of what we can eat on the new diet and I think I will be ok for lunch and diner as I can now eat fish and I can continue to eat my soups but breakfast is what I have a problem with. I don't like oatmeal and I don't think restaurants have cereal as an option. What can I eat that would be on the menu at let's say Denny's or IHOP?   

LilyBugsMommy
on 5/27/14 12:22 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

I don't remember, but are scrambled eggs on the puree list? I am sure I started them on the puree stage...you may just have to take things with you to have, like yogurt, applesauce, etc.

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

OneByte
on 5/27/14 12:26 am - Milton, Canada
RNY on 05/21/14

Soda crackers, melba toast & soft poached eggs are on my list (at TWH) of allowed foods that don't need to be pureed during that phase. So you can always ask for a package of (soda) crackers (or melba toast if they have) and a soft poached egg. Just remember to chew the crackers accordingly.   

I'm still a week out from pureed, but looking forward to expanding the food selection.

TiffanyandCo
on 5/27/14 12:37 am - Canada

Ya I also have my TWH package.... I guess I'm going to have to bring my own goods.

Patm
on 5/27/14 12:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I took a protein shake with me. I am unable to tolerate egs most of the time. You may be different. I would definitely start with poached not scrambled. For some reason it is easier to digest

Catw
on 5/27/14 1:29 am - Arnprior, Canada

Not sure what you can tolerate, but check out the Breakfast Sides section of the menu.  At Denny's I see eggs, grits, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit that might suit.  Yould could also check out the kids menu, see if it fits (tell your server that you just had your tummy stapled and can't handle the regular menu, it may work).  Or if you are going with someone, share a meal with them.  You won't be eating much, so it might work out for you both.

Just eat slow, especially with new foods.

Cathy

Most Active
Recent Topics