What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

crqvingchange
on 12/7/14 6:34 pm

Good morning everyone.  Pat I am so sorry you passed out and hurt your knees.  I am more frightened that they don't have a cause yet.  Is there any possibility that you can get a ride with someone until the doc finds out what happened.

The cold finally seems to be leaving, but my hip was extremely painful for 3 days and I could barely walk without a cane.  This morning the hip feels perfect and I hope it doesn't start up again.  For those of you that may have had arthritis in the hip, is this how it starts?

Today I have swimming in the morning and then I have to write out the rest of the Christmas cards and get them to the post office.  

4 months post op

B. Chike before and after swimming and lots of decaf

S. Greek Yogurt

L. hoisin shrimp and broccoli

S. Another greek yogurt

D.  Fillet of sole stuffed with crab and cream cheese, small amount of rainbow kale salad

S. Fit Frappe protein hot chocolate

Have a great day everyone.

Karen M.
on 12/7/14 7:04 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

CC, sorry to hear you've had so much pain the past few days on top of the cold you've been fighting - not fun. I hope today brings you some relief. xo

Pat, if you're reading - how are you?

Off to work for the morning, a couple of errands afterward, visit with my parents, meeting a girlfriend for coffee late afternoon, Andrew is coming for dinner, not sure what else! My gradual return to work has been going extremely well - thanks everyone for the encouraging words. :)

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Source Greek 50, miniature banana, 1 Halo

L - crustless quiche, sliced cucumber and tomato

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - 3 oz leftover pork tenderloin, green beans/mushrooms/onions

S - not sure yet - maybe just coffee with cream or a handful of almonds and a halo if "nibbly"

Have a marvelous Monday!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/14 9:53 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I am missing pork, its my fav meat... For some reason, I am imagining it to be hard to digest, so I haven't tried it yet. But mmm pork tenderloin.

Patm
on 12/8/14 10:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It is hard. You need to make sure you have a sauce on it. Especially early out

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/14 4:11 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Think I'll wait a little... Right now still working on chicken. I can handle it, but it takes FOREVER to eat it, and I always have to have it with sauce, and shredded into tiny pieces.

Karen M.
on 12/8/14 6:35 pm - Mississauga, Canada

My body finds pork hard to digest at times, always has, so it was never high on my list of favourites. For whatever reason pork tenderloin on the BBQ works every time but it is very moist and the leftovers includes a little gravy to keep it that way. :)

Karen

Karen M.
on 12/7/14 7:05 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Karen M.
on 12/7/14 7:11 pm - Mississauga, Canada

About arthritis - I have terrible ongoing/increasing arthritis since July 2013 in my hands mostly but it is also in my hip. I have periods where it feels like I've had a hip injury with a lot of pain that passes in a few days but has lasted for a couple of weeks previously. I find that slow walking several times per day helps (usually).

Karen

Patm
on 12/7/14 8:46 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hi CC, The pain in your hip could be from the swimming or arthritis. If you suspect arthritis take something like tylenol arthritis before exercise. It should help

Zizzler
on 12/7/14 8:47 pm

Good morning everyone.  Sorry to hear about your hip, would a heating pad possibly help?  Glad to hear things are going well at work Karen. Just work and the gym today for me, and the increasingly difficult task of enticing my terminally ill dog to eat.  This morning I tucked her nausea medication into a cheese slice as usual and she refused to eat it.  I had to put a little peanut butter on it to get her to eat it.  Going to the vet to get more nausea meds tonight and a discuss a plan.  Have a feeling I will cry but oh well.

16 weeks out

b - premier protein shake

s - xl decaf coffee, handful almonds

L - tuna Melba toast 

s- 2 cheese and Melba toast

d - leftover fish and salad

s - decaf orange pekoe tea

All vits and water

Most Active
Recent Topics