what are you doing / eating today (Thursday)

crqvingchange
on 1/21/15 4:55 pm

Good morning everyone.   I'm feeling stronger this morning. The transfer requisition was put through yesterday, so as soon as a bed becomes available, I will be transferred to a rehabilitation hospital. You don't get to choose which hospital you go to, it's wherever a bed becomes available.   It could be Kitchener, Guelph or Cambridge.   Keep your fingers crossed that it's not far.

Not sure of today's eats but I will try to make good choices.   Physio today and hopefully a nap.

Have a great day everyone. 

Karen M.
on 1/21/15 6:49 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

CC, it's great that you're well enough to be transferred to rehab but I know how much you want to go home. Sending you lots of healing thoughts and love. xo

Just work and then home on the schedule today - tired this morning! Had a great time at coffee last night and it was so nice to see and chat with everyone.

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Greek yogurt, handful of red grapes

L - spinach salad, 1 oz deli turkey, 2 oz old cheddar, sunflower seeds, poppy seed dressing

S - Chike protein iced coffee, a few grapes

D - crustless quiche, 2 baked chicken wings

S - Bengal Spice fog

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 1/21/15 10:40 pm - Toronto, Canada

I don't know what Bengal Spice fog is...but if it puts you into a fog at bedtime...sounds like a good thing!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

TanyaLH
on 1/21/15 7:52 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

19 months post op

steps 8962

Morning all,

CC, happy to hear you can be moved to a rehab facility... that is great news!!

Karen have a good day :)

Off today, Dr appointment this morning then off to the gym. Not sure what else I will get into...

B protein coffee, egg muffin

S Pure protein bar

L 1 c chicken soup 3 melbas

D 3 oz roast pork 1/2 c green beans

S 4 oz skim milk

be well everyone

Tanya

kellybelly333
on 1/21/15 10:38 pm, edited 1/21/15 10:40 pm - Toronto, Canada

Oh take care CC!! Keep us posted (i'm sure you will). 

Edited to add some of my menu. I'm currently following a fairly Paleo diet (except I am allowed Stevia) and it's going well, but finding whole foods without any sugar has been a challenge, and expensive on the pocketbook. I have been having coffee with just stevia, and i'm surprised at how i'm not missing cream!

I did find beef jerky that tastes amazing....almost buttery, without any added sugar or nitrates. But it's ONE MILLION DOLLARS at Whole Foods. The whole package was only 80 calories, and high in protein (15 grams I think), and I couldn't eat it all in one sitting, so it might be worth it. I just couldn't get over the buttery taste. mmmm It's Beretta Farms - Last Rep Beef Jerky. Organic and such. 

Anyhow, just thought i'd share that. Bacon for breakfast and some jerky, chili for lunch and I think chicken for dinner. Almonds for a snack and probably a banana.

8k steady run at lunch.

Oh, my presentation at TWH went well last night. Hoping that my story gets people moving more!! 

Have a great day all. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 1/21/15 10:55 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad you are moving to rehab. Hope it is close to home.

Interesting day at TWH yesterday. All is well with labs etc. I am lucky I do not have iron issues. Probably due to my age. So I can stay on centrum vits which I am used to. Somehow going into a drug store and asking for maternity vitamins at my age seems a little weird.

Not sure about snack tonight. May take some cheese to a meeting I am going to. I made muffins and banana bread for everyone else.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

s sf pudding

l meat sauce on spaghetti squash, yogurt

s almonds

d pork tenderloin, kale salad

s ?

cal 826, carb 66.8, prot 72

kellybelly333
on 1/21/15 10:58 pm - Toronto, Canada

So glad you have great labs. That's my dream!! LOL. Cheese....mmmmmm take it and eat it for me!!

Most Active
Recent Topics