What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

Patm
on 4/1/15 10:36 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I didn't have the racing heart just the sweats and bloating/pain. Also no sugar. So I do not think RH. Just too much gas. I kept burbing and passing gas after. Since I do not want to go anywhere today I have sent my GP an e-mail and will only go in if she really thinks she can help. Otherwise some easy exercise to keep my knees from getting worst

kellybelly333
on 4/1/15 11:00 pm - Toronto, Canada

Oh, I didn't know what was in the cabbage. Sometimes there's sugar in that. But cabbage makes me bloat like crazy too. Take care Pat!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

new_me180
on 4/2/15 1:58 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Wow Pat, that sounds scary. Happened to me a few weeks ago. Had just finished my coffee, got up to get lunch, next thing i know, everything went black and i could feel myself staggering back and doing my best not to fall. It eventually passed but my legs were all jello like and i had this funny warm tingly sensation all over. In my case though i think i'm still not getting enough food or i had taken too long to eat from the last meal. Hope you feel better though.

birdiegirl
on 4/1/15 10:55 pm

RNY  6 Years Post Op

Morning

I should really be posting my menu at the end of the day as it seems to change completely.  However, I still begin each day with a plan however haywire it goes.  I am so looking forward to getting home in a few weeks and back to a better routine.  My activity level each day is really helping me as I am sure my calories lately are close to 2,000 - although yesterday I was tired and spent a good part of the day sleeping.  My weight is up this morning by 2 lbs since January so all in all quite good with the amount of socializing I am doing.

STEPS - 6800

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake with medium banana and ice blended

L - 2 ham and pickle roll ups

S - 9 triscuits with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese - melted

D - 6 oz of mahi mahi

broccoli and grilled zuchinni

S - Pudding with FF cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,122,  Carbs - 97 Grams,  Fat - 37 Grams,  Protein - 97 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

kellybelly333
on 4/1/15 10:59 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning,

I need to get to my therapist. He's basically weaned me down to twice a year for checkups, but things are not great with me and food this week. I am going to start writing things down about how I feel after a race. I need to find different ways to carb-load, because my head both hates and LOVES it and it's hard to get back to normal. I talk about how much I hate it, and it's because I end up loving the leeway it gives me. Just writing this is helping actually. Emotional at the moment.

The nice thing is talking with other long-distance runners, who complain about weight gain during training because you get hungry with the mileage we put in. After each run we walk by a pizza pizza to cool down, and everyone goes crazy with that. I'm just glad it's not just me, and it makes me feel slightly more normal LOL.  

B: protein coffee, queen street white bean millet bread and almond butter

S: apple and almond butter

l: chicken and veg

S: unsure

D: ham and brussel sprouts

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 4/3/15 2:03 am - Mississauga, Canada

I would imagine that the carb-loading before a race could really play havoc with your head and your body. Knowing myself, I'm pretty sure I would have difficulty with this as well. The whole journaling idea is a great one and I hope you find some peace in doing so. As for the therapist "weaning you" - shouldn't it be the other way around? You should be the one making the decision as to the level and frequency.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 4/4/15 9:06 pm - Toronto, Canada

True. We both do feel that I'm doing very well. I suppose it's not him weaning me, and those are my words. He does give me the option of coming whenever I wsnt (although it takes months to get in). What I'm going through is not a coincidence, it just happens and I'll get out of it. The added estrogen was bad timing...but my boobs look great!! Had a great day yesterday. 

Karen M.
on 4/5/15 1:05 am - Mississauga, Canada

Estrogen ruins everything. Enough said. ;)

I think if he's offered that option he will be prepared to fit you in when/if necessary. Although we've never discussed it, I feel confident that mine would do the same. I should ask him I suppose, you never  know. One time he called me just to change an appointment time and we ended up chitchatting for at least 20 minutes - I almost felt like I got a free session. lol

I'm glad you had a great day yesterday and I hope today is great too!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 4/1/15 11:17 pm

So happy it is a long weekend! 

7 months post-op

b - premier protein shake, xl decaf coffee

s - sf Apple pie greek yogurt, 2 tbs sunflower seeds

l - ham Swiss mustard roll ups, cucumber slices, half banana

s - half banana with 2 tbs sunflower seeds

d - a fried egg with crispy fried ham, fried onion

s - lf Swiss cheese microwaved into "chips"

mall water and vits

new_me180
on 4/2/15 2:04 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all. Last day before the long weekend, oh the joy. Karen, hang in there, just a few more hours and it you'll forget about this crazy week. 

17 months post op

B - oatmeal with protein powder

L - 2oz salmon, 1/4 cup zucchini and carrots

S - ham slices, cucumbers

D - 2oz meat(don't know what protein yet) spinach

S - bailed egg mixed with cottage cheese, cappuccino

Have a nice day all and happy easter, Nia

Most Active
Recent Topics