Need to get back on track

judyeliz
on 7/15/15 12:46 pm
RNY on 04/24/15

Well, I finally had my heart surgery on Monday.  Have been waiting over a year, longer wait than for my wls.  I feel like I wa**** by a truck.  Everything hurts right now.  Today a little better than yesterday.  I swear they must have dropped me in the operating room.  My back was in terrible spasms every time I moved a little bit.  I think from the hours of lying flat on my back, in the or and afterward for 5 hours.  And then they put these huge clamps on the areas in my groin where the tubes were, to stop any bleeding, 4 lines were venous, and one was arterial.   I was actually clamped to the bed like a 2 x 4.  They were so tight.  And my wonderful surgeon ordered nothing but tylenol for pain.  I practically had to beg for some pain meds, and then he would only give me 3 doses to take while I was clamped.  I am a nurse, and was not impressed! I have had several surgeries over the years, and I have to say, this one has been the worse experience.  

The good thing is my heart has not been racing since the surgery.  I am hoping that it has worked, and I won't have to go through this again.  The bad thing, I have to stay on the medication for my heart for at least 3 months.  This medication had made me gain so much weight over the past year.  I am sure it is keeping my weight loss slower than it could be.  Also, the fact the I have not been able to exercise since my wls.  I feel like I have wasted 3 months of my "honeymoon" period.   

Well, now I have to get back on track, hoping to feel a little better every day.  I want to start walking, as soon as the pain in my groin area goes away.  Still have orders to take it easy for a week or two.  

Sorry this is so long, but I just had to vent.  I feel better already  

Going to try to get back into posting on the daily menu topic.  

Need to get out of this stall I have been in for a few weeks.

Thanks for listening, or should I say reading.

judy

Orientation HRRH Aug 18/14, Ist surgeon appt. Dr. Huynh Oct 28/14, Nurse/Dietitian/SW Dec 19/14, Dr. Glazer Mar 9/15, 2nd surgeon visit Dr. Huynh Mar 10/15, Surgery date April 24. 

roxytrim
on 7/15/15 12:56 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Gurl...I'd say venting was intended for just an occasion.  I can't imagine what you've been through and just months after your rny!  Good thing you work in the profession so you can understand what your poor body has been through.

You might get a little brhind on the weightloss but all the parts are in place, you will make up for lost time soon.

judyeliz
on 7/15/15 2:35 pm
RNY on 04/24/15

Thank you roxy, I appreciate your words of encouragement.

judy

Orientation HRRH Aug 18/14, Ist surgeon appt. Dr. Huynh Oct 28/14, Nurse/Dietitian/SW Dec 19/14, Dr. Glazer Mar 9/15, 2nd surgeon visit Dr. Huynh Mar 10/15, Surgery date April 24. 

Patm
on 7/15/15 1:49 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I have seen the clamps. They are aweful. No pain meds is almost medival. Glad they finally gave you some. HOpe you heal and get on with losing soon. So long as you stick to plan you will lose even without exercise. Good luck

judyeliz
on 7/15/15 2:37 pm
RNY on 04/24/15

Thank you Pat, I know you understand where I am coming from.  I appreciate your response.

judy

Karen M.
on 7/15/15 4:22 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Wow Judy! So glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you're on the mend. You hang in there! xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

judyeliz
on 7/15/15 4:34 pm
RNY on 04/24/15

Thank you Karen, I could come over and recuperate in your new backyard, under your new umbrella 

Karen M.
on 7/15/15 5:18 pm - Mississauga, Canada

You are very welcome to! I'm off next week and plan to spend my days hanging out there myself - come on over, I'll make you lunch, bring you iced tea, fluff your pillows.... lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

judyeliz
on 7/15/15 6:08 pm
RNY on 04/24/15

I'm packing my bags.......... partay at Karen's  

Seyenna
on 7/16/15 8:24 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Is... this an open invitation? Can I come too?? LOL

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Most Active
Recent Topics