no one in oregon has had wls

mickeymantle
on 9/21/13 3:03 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

welcome to the losers bench , where all a bun ch of losers on here lol

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

CathyO911
on 9/30/13 4:32 pm - Albany, OR
RNY on 05/23/12

I dont check on here much but I am in Oregon and would love to find some WLS pals around here to hang out with!

Cathy        

Start Weight/324  **  Surgery/301  **  Current/184

Lap RNY on May 23, 2012

Deb366
on 10/29/13 6:46 am
There are a zillion of post WLS in Oregon. I think after awhile many of us just get on with our lives and weight is no longer a defining part of who we are. Once you 'get it" ,..and adjust your lifestyle....which is both eating and exercise/movement/ activity....if you are still counting calories....eating healthy and taking care of yourself hasn't become second nature yet. It is cool to just feel like a regular person....a regular person who eats healthy and doesn't over do.

I am over 5 years post op....got down to almost 115 (yikes I got scared!) but now am at a pretty healthy 135 most of the time....it is the right weight for me....don't have to exercise everyday....clothes fit, I can eat something special occasionally, but to be honest most the stuff people want to splurge on doesn't tempt me much.....still have to watch when I get stressed. Life is just regular life now....funny to look back and remember the stress of getting approved for surgery and getting a date....and then wondering if I would reach goal....yeah, the good news is life can just go on...wish all the Ducks and Beaver fans....all the best on the loser bench!!

PS. I have some friends who never changed and they gained the weight all back....one friend was the motivator for me to get WLS....and the motivator for me to keep on keeping on, because she gained her weight back...

Currently 125  pounds
mickeymantle
on 10/29/13 10:18 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I still have a long journey to go before I reach my goal , at least one more year  then the fun of maintance starts

wish there where more local people active to talk to , I go to my surgeons support group monthly but always can use a push here a question aswker there , got most of this down but im still only 3 months out

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

eringudge
on 4/2/14 5:19 am
RNY on 07/28/14

I am in Oregon! I haven't had my surgery yet, but I will this summer.

I am having my surgery in Salem, but I live near Corvallis. Anyone local-ish?

stacy97006
on 4/2/14 12:59 pm
RNY on 06/10/14

Im not local but I am north of you in Aloha. I just got my surgery date of June 10th today. I work for the school district so I had to wait til as close to the end of the school year as I could. I am having the Roux en y at OHSU. Im around if you ever wanna chit chat or exchange stories :)

eringudge
on 4/2/14 4:26 pm
RNY on 07/28/14

Yea! Fellow Oregonians, let's try to remember to check in here. :)

minniemom10
on 4/15/14 8:25 am - OR

Hi,

I also live in Oregon!  I'm still trying to get approval to get surgery. I live in Keizer, so will have mine done in Salem. I'm in the process of changing insurances. Just get frustrated with the process.

KerrieKat
on 4/26/14 6:41 am

I'm near Lebanon and had my RNY 8 weeks ago (2/28/14) and am down 50 pounds.

Mynewlife414
on 4/5/14 4:23 am

i am in Klamath Falls, having my Sleeve done 4/14 in Medford.  I have only met RNYers personally and not in KFalls.  Anyone who sleeved living here?  Would love to start a support group here or something.

Most Active
Recent Topics