support group in the Beaverton area.

rebegraves
on 7/10/03 2:07 pm - Beaverton, OR
good evening I was wondering if anyone would know if there is a support group in the Beaverton area. I had my WLS done up at OHSU and I do not know where to go for a support group. thanks for all your help Becky
Donna C.
on 7/11/03 2:32 am - Beaverton, OR
There is a group that meets on Hall and Allen Blvd, in the old Beaverton Library. They meet the third Wednesday night of the month at 7 pm. They were planning on changing to the second Wednesday night, beginning in July or August. You could call the Beaverton Resource Center and ask them if it is the second or the third Wednesday night...or maybe email Cara Freeland, as she went there when I did. I now go to Kaiser's support classes, but they are not in Beaverton. Good luck with your journey.
Dina M.
on 8/10/03 5:08 pm
Becky, Drop Scott Sheppard an email at [email protected] and ask him to include you in notifications for the Beaverton post-op support group meeting. Which surgery did you have? Here's the blurb from his most recent announcement about the group: Weds. August 13th at the Beaverton Resource Center. 7pm start. Corner of SW Hall and SW Allen- Room 138. Inside the front door, to the left about 80 feet down the hall. While this meeting welcomes anyone in the WLS process the sharing is for the postops. Preops and Wanabees can listen and gather phone numbers. Ask your questions before and after the meeting! Hope that helps! Blessings, dina
Most Active
Recent Topics