Recent Posts

sharroona
on 9/17/16 11:52 am - forest grove, OR
Topic: plastic surgery denial because of BMI

Hello I'm three yrs out from RYN. Start weight 389 to 240. My question is I went to plastics for consult and was denied because my BMI is still too high. Anyone else have this issue? I was told I need to loose 60 more pounds to be considered for surgery.......feeling disappointed and hopeless. I would love to loose 60 lbs but don't really feel that I could achieve this goal.

gurliegirl77
on 9/14/16 4:57 am
mschwab
on 7/6/16 11:35 am
RNY on 11/21/14
Topic: RE: any info on revision surgery docs in oregon, revision costs, revision info at all for oregon??

I believe they do revisions at OHSU.  Here is a link to their site:

www.ohsu.edu/xd/health/services/bariatric-services

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

starflower185
on 7/3/16 4:10 pm
Topic: any info on revision surgery docs in oregon, revision costs, revision info at all for oregon??

I'm looking into revision surgery & would like to know whai professionals I can talk to about it in Oregon. I had rny at legacy good Samaritan in Portland, or in 2008 & got pregnant very soon afterward which made weightloss extremely slow going. I regained a lot & am hoping to get some type of revision surgery. When I last saw the surgeon, recently for follow up, I asked her about the ROSE procedure, and she said she doesn't do that. After further research, I am leaning now toward revision to GS from RNY. I don't think they do any kind of revision there, but would like to stay with them, however, if they don't do it, I need to find a hospital that does. Please help!!

starflower185
on 7/3/16 3:33 pm
Topic: RE: Support groups near Salem?

BOST is in the Salem Hospital, but not just for Salem Hospital patients. Sherrie Andrews hosts the BOST support group that meets July 6th at 6 pm in building d 1st floor more info on fb

starflower185
on 7/3/16 3:30 pm
Topic: RE: Support groups near Salem?

The Salem Hospital support group is only for their patients that have had their surgery there. However, the Salem Hospital lends its facility to the community to use, so a different support group meets there. The next meeting is July 6th at 6 pm in Building D, !st floor. The group name is BOST (Bariatric Operation Support Team). The group is non affiliated with the Salem Hospital bariatric support group. There is more info on facebook under groups. The leader is Sherrie Andrews and if you call the Salem Hospital, they have more information on community groups that meet there.

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/16 9:11 am - Eugene , OR
VSG on 04/17/17
tammym
on 4/5/16 8:59 pm - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12
Topic: RE: Insurance

You can appeal. I had to appeal five times to get my insurance to cover my revision. The fifth appeal was to the federal governing organization over insurance companies, who forced the insurance to cover the surgery since it was documented as medically necessary by my primary care doc, the surgeon, and several other providers. 

My insurance was through my husbands employer. They fired him two weeks after my surgery. 

tammym
on 4/5/16 8:54 pm - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12
Topic: RE: support group in Portland?

The support groups are open to anyone, but I don't know of any in Vancouver. 

epre361706
on 1/4/16 9:58 am
RNY on 01/09/15
Topic: RE: no one in oregon has had wls

HI, Sorry I didnt see your friend request.  It has been a year now and it was the best thing I ever did for myself!! I will you all the luck and if you like you can call if you would like to tALK 541-788-4317 Good luck in Feb.  

Most Active
Recent Topics