How long does it take for Barix to submit insurance info...

tracyb330
on 6/16/08 3:04 am - Temple, PA
I finally finished my 6 month diet for my insurance requirements. Today I am faxing over the last piece of information. Generally, how long does it take for Barix to send it to my insurance company? Also, who finds out first if I am approved them or me? Can I call them (insurance co) and ask them if they approved me?? Did anyone have Highmark and if so how fast were you approved?  Also, do you like less people want this surgery during the summer?? I was just thinking how long it would take to schedule if (I mean when) I am approved. Postitive thinking!!!!!!!!! Thanks
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Laureen S.
on 6/16/08 3:22 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Tracy, Not sure if you are asking about the initial insurance approval or their final approval for the authorization (which is what I'm thinking you are doing) so that Barix can schedule the surgery date.  Either way, Barix is pretty good about things, it's just a question of how many people are in their "que" before you, if you are seeking the authorization to get on the schedule.   Best I can tell you is to follow up with a phone call to make sure they received your fax and then ask them if they can give you a ball park estimate on when you might hear back from them and after a couple of days you can call the insurance company to see where they are in the process.  As for scheduling surgery, it is dependent on the surgeon's schedule, how many people he/she has on their list and their vacation/planned time off.  Sounds like you will be moving to the loser's bench soon. Good luck and positive thoughts heading your way! Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jovigirl
on 6/16/08 3:27 am - washington, NJ
Sory LAureen I must disagree about them  being good about submitting in a timely manner.They dragged mine out.If it were not for me calling & calling I never woulda gotten approved.My patient contact never returned calls EVER!!!!!!! My advice is wait a week & call & call till you get an answer.You need to make sure they don't drop the ball & leave your file sitting on a desk.Once they submitted things moved quickly so stay on 'em & good luck

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

Pam Hart
on 6/16/08 4:30 am - Easton, PA
To be perfectly honest - they submitted my insurance claim very very quickly.  I got notice that I was approved before Barix did (or at least before Barix told me that I had been approved)  Then things kind of got messy. I got mixed up in the reorganization that was going on at Barix - something I was actually unaware of.  Actually - I dropped the ball because I was NOT proactive and did not call them once I found out I was approved.  I had a lot of family issues going on at the time and was questioning my decision as well - so I kind of let it slide that Barix didn't call me.  Ironically, once things settled down in my family and I was re assured of my decision - that week Barix called me.  I swear it was the way it was meant to be for me. I would definately wait a week and then start to call - at least once a week.  Yes, you can call your insurance company and ask - I did that maybe once or twice - and really - didn't get any clear answers from them. Congrats on finishing the 6 mos plan - that's a great step right then and there. keep us updated. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
kimmiep621
on 6/16/08 5:41 am
with mine, once i submitted my last sleep study report which was only thing i had left to hand in.  i heard back w/in maybe 2 weeks.  noone said i was approved, the next call i got was the woman calling me to schedule my surgery.  i was shocked and said umm ok so i guess that means i'm approved? lol she just  laughed and said yes, lol    so i think mine was pretty fast.   good luck  w/getting yours approved

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

tracyb330
on 6/16/08 8:52 am - Temple, PA
Thanks for the replies. My Dr didn't have the letter ready so hopefully tomorrow I will have everything in. I'll just try to keep myself busy and pray that it doesn't take long to approve. 
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
joldaker
on 6/16/08 9:50 am - West Bradford, PA
If you got the paperwork faxed over to them today, try calling tomorrow and ask for the Insurance dept and ask them if they received and and when will it be sent to your insurance company.  When I went through this I called to make sure they got my psych form and they did and they actually kept me on the phone while they were faxing it to BCBS. I then gave the insurance company 2 business days and I called to make sure they received it. Once they told me they had it I have to let it go and wait it out. It took them 10 business days to make a decision. Jen
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1774 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views