Bath and swim

shellyg79
on 6/17/08 1:41 am - maple shade, NJ

I am a newbe.  I had open RNY 6/04/08.  Does any on know haw long until I was be able to take a bath or go swimming

RNY 6/4/08
Pre surg 300,  day of surg 285, Current 234, Goal 150
Laureen S.
on 6/17/08 1:58 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Shelly, A great big welcome to the Loser's Bench, as well as the PA board, a very active and supportive bunch of folks come here and you are sure to get an answer from someone, as I did not have open RNY I can't say what the protocol is, did you try calling your surgeon's office? Anyway, I sent you a PM, and as a fellow Shader, I welcome you once again! Good wishes on your journey towards healthier living!  Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

shellyg79
on 6/17/08 2:01 am - maple shade, NJ

LOL sorry what is a PM. 

RNY 6/4/08
Laureen S.
on 6/17/08 2:09 am - Maple Shade, NJ
a personal message, which if you look at the top of this page you should see a little red number and you click on it and it will take you to your messages, it also should be delivered to the e-mail account linked with your profile, if you opted to have messages delivered to you that way.  It's all greek in the beginning, but if you poke around on this site there are lots of good features.  Try filling out a little of your profile, it's a neat way to keep a record of your progress, check mine out if you wish, just to get some ideas of what you can do with it.  Just click on my picture or name and it will take you there. Take care, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

DianeMarie
on 6/17/08 2:33 am - Delmont, PA

Hi Shelly!

Welcome to a great place for friendship, info and support.  I haven't had my surgery yet but I'm curious to the answer of this question too.   I LOVE baths and swimming.  Sometimes I take several a day. 

Diane

Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
jdruski
on 6/17/08 3:17 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Shelly, Welcome to the board and also congratulations on you surgery.  I had open RNY and was really not allowed anything but a shower until the wound closed up.  If you were lap, check and see if you are far enough out to get into a tub.  This is just a guess on my part but you would probably be allowed into the pool before a bath. NOW I AM STANDING ON THE BETSY ROSS BRIDGE WAVING TO YOU AND LAUREEN.  MAKE SURE YOU WAVE BACK. Jeanne
Laureen S.
on 6/17/08 3:29 am - Maple Shade, NJ
  Hi Jeanne, I'm waving atcha!

Nicole0216
on 6/17/08 3:25 am - Lancaster, PA
welcome only your doc can clear you for baths and swimming it is different for everyone/
Pam Hart
on 6/17/08 5:02 am - Easton, PA

Welcome to the boards, hope to get to know you better. I believe with most open surgeries it's a minimum of 2 weeks, but probably longer.  I would definately call your doc about that question.  It's a matter of the wound possibly getting infected which would obviously not be a good thing! Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
shellyg79
on 6/17/08 5:58 am - maple shade, NJ
Thank you everybody for you thoughts and imput.  I go to the dr. on Friday for my 2 week check up so I will def ask. 
RNY 6/4/08
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1777 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1870 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2554 views