Finally - Clean fingernails!!!

Andy Kovatch
on 6/25/08 10:40 pm - York, PA
Long story short........Started my job 3-4-08, boss lays me off on my 91st day 6-4-08.  They owe me a week's vacation 'cause I made 90 days.  They're giving me a hard time about it and now I have the PA Dept. of Labor involved.  They basically said as long as what I'm telling them is everything, then there's no reason I shouldn't get my money.  Just a matter of when.  Anyway, where as last time I got layed off from a job and it took almost 8 months, I've found one this time in just 3 weeks.  Had my 4th interview yesterday at UTI - Universal Technical Institute.  They interviewed 36 applicants - 36, holy **** - and THEY picked ME!!!  Anyway, the pay is very good, benefits incredible, an office, casual atmosphere.  Incredible opportunity.  My job title is recruitment coordinator, which is a fancy term for showing students around campus, going to high schools and technical schools and trying to "sell" them UTI as their future in automotive repair schooling.  UTI promotes from within.  The guy that was doing my job before me was there two years and did such a good job got promoted and is now in the base salary range of $110,000 a year.  And he had the same amount of experience as me when he started - zero.  So, I'm extremely excited about this opportunity and even more so about my prospective future.  For the first time in years I don't have to go to work with my dirty work clothes and come home with dirty fingernails.  Thanks for letting me share.

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

Pam Hart
on 6/25/08 11:09 pm - Easton, PA
So when do you go for your first manicure for your fancy new job?? Congrats Andy - you deserve this! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 6/25/08 11:22 pm - Levittown, PA
Wow, Andy, that is teriffic!!!  YOU GO BOY!!!   Good luck with everything and do really, really well so in two years you can get to that six figure mark!!!  YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Karen

Laureen S.
on 6/25/08 11:42 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hey Andy, So happy that they picked YOU!  However, I think they probably picked up on what a upbeat and motivational type individual you are and so I think it's a win win deal for them as well as you!  Hope that you are pulling in the big ones soon! Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

litlhurry
on 6/25/08 11:43 pm - anytown, PA
Cograts Andy..layoffs work in mysterious ways...........................lays do to..he he
Nicole0216
on 6/26/08 12:08 am - Lancaster, PA
good for you and good luck
dit657
on 6/26/08 12:39 am - Boothwyn, PA
Fantastic news!! Best of everything to you on your new venture! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
EileenWalton
on 6/26/08 12:57 am
Congrats Andy.  I agree....you are the perfect person for that job.  I've seen you in action, and I swear, you could sell ice to an eskimo.  And, with your natural love for children, you should have no problem connecting with the students.  What a wonderful opportunity.....good luck!
Eileen

New_Beginnings_36
on 6/26/08 1:20 am - PA
Congrats Andy! Sounds like a wonderful opportunity :)......Stefanie

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
(deactivated member)
on 6/26/08 4:48 am
Andy,      Everything happens for a reason! If you ha not been laid off you would not have this current position so enjoy those clean finger nails!   Best of luck with the new job!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1781 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1874 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2557 views