Getting fed up with my body

Nicole0216
on 6/27/08 7:21 am - Lancaster, PA
OK I am getting angry. My body is doing weird things. I continue to struggle with constipation they don't think it is a obstruction or anything at this time. So I am still Struggling to get regular, I am bloated and now I am retaining water!!!! Between these two things I am up 8 lbs on my scale, which I am trying to be mature about and not freak!!  Could a change in job really send your body over the edge like this? I am getting fed up. I feel like my body is betraying me and I have no say so.
Sheryl H.
on 6/27/08 9:58 am - Abbottstown, PA
Nicole,   Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time of it.  When we go through a life changing event such as a job change our bodies do revolt.  So maybe this is your way of handling the stress of changing jobs.  I have had trouble with constipation ever since my surgery.  I believe it's because we don't get enough fiber in our diets, and that we eat mostly protein.  I have tried Chia Seeds recently and they seem to have helped that problem.  You may want to check into these because they have helped me.   Take care....I'll send up a prayer for ya.  Sheryl H.
Nicole0216
on 6/27/08 10:00 am - Lancaster, PA

thanks how do you use them? I saw them in the health food store.

I feel like maybe i get too much fiber. I eat oatmeal, tons of fruits veggies.  But in the end is probably isnt enough

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/27/08 10:30 am
All that natural sugar in the fruits = carbs.  Cut back on that and you may lose the 8 pounds.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Sheryl H.
on 6/27/08 12:05 pm - Abbottstown, PA
Chia seeds are good, you can throw them in everything!  Or you can make a slurry out of them. 1 part chia seeds, 9 parts water....stir. let sit for 10 minutes stir again.. you can put the slurry in everything as well and you can add it to your salad dressing *makes it go father with only half the calories, increases protein, and lowers the fat.*  You could add it to your oatmeal.  the Slurry or the seeds.  If you like seeds on you salads, you can toast them and sprinkle them on for some crunch. I had a tuna fish sandwich and sprinkled them on the tuna, I couldn't taste them but they tend to be filling and let you stay full longer which helps me because I am a snacker.  Good luck.  Sheryl
Patricia R.
on 6/27/08 11:48 am - Perry, MI
Hi Nicole, I have had episodes where my body has revolted, as yours is, and the water retention and constipation can be maddening.  Yes, a job change, and the accompanying stress, can cause your body to do weird things like this, especially if it is associated with your monthly cycle at all.   What has worked for me in the past is to increase the water intake, increase the cardio exercise, and increase the fiber in my diet.  Keep calm and if necessary talk to your doc about a stool softener, or even an enema if necessary.   Hang in there.  I truly empathize. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 6/27/08 11:53 am - Lancaster, PA
Thanks for the advice. I guess i thought i was out of the woods with the constipation thing since i never really had trouble with it. So how did you increase your fiber? My Dr. has me on Miralax and it does not really seem to help much.
Patricia R.
on 6/27/08 12:13 pm - Perry, MI
I like to have old fashioned oatmeal with flax seeds on top of it for breakfast on weekends.  I get the flax seeds at a health food store, and soak about 1/8 cup in a little water for about an hour, then I make my oatmeal in the microwave, and top it with the flax seeds and some splenda and milk.  Flax seeds are high in fiber, and also good for you.  While I don't eat a lot of grains, I try to make sure that the grains I do eat have at least 3 grams of fiber in them per serving.   Good luck.  Remember, increase your water intake big time for this.  It will help your kidneys flush out the fluids you are retaining, and help your digestive system at the same time. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 6/27/08 12:24 pm - Lancaster, PA
MUHAH big kiss thanks
Patricia R.
on 6/27/08 12:45 pm - Perry, MI

You are most welcome.  Anytime. Huggles, Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1789 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1884 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2564 views