Getting fed up with my body

jackie j
on 6/28/08 11:19 am - Glenmoore, PA

Nic, here is my recipe for a good poop.   2 peri-colace at night, 1 oz. of Fiber-Stat (Barix sells or you can get it online-this stuff is GOLD!)  Do the same thing in the am until you are having nice, regular softer serves.   Cut it back to 1 time a day when you feel regular and you might have to continue this while you are under stress.   Every time something crops up, something stops up if you get my drift.   And, the biggest reason is the carbs.   I just OD on them, and I'm talking about the good stuff.  I really have to scale back to the just post-op diet of yogurts and protein drinks and I have to WALK.   Heavy exercise/weights increases my weight gains; I've proven it to my trainer; I just retain, retain, retain.  It's the f-ing cortisol and elevated estrogen that holds the water and carbs promote that.     I've put on almost 18lbs in the last 10 mos. between my hubby being out of work, fertility treatments, DH's Mom dying and now my sister dying.   With my sister's just passing 2 weeks ago, I've had worse pains in my bowels, they are totally clenched; it's where my stress exhibits itself now, and little to nothing is coming out.  I think I've also popped an ulcer.  I'm bloated above the waist and while I ate little the first week she was in a coma, since she died I've been grazing off the wall.   I had two bagels one day!   Of course that was the day I called Profect and ordered up the new 50gm vials.   I'm going liquid and breaking these carbs.   I have to say no as well.  I want to see if I can get a handle on my gut before I turn it over to the doc.  Good Luck!  We can do it.

Nicole0216
on 6/29/08 3:07 am - Lancaster, PA
I am with ya on the carbs they are the devil. I am cutting way back.  I am trying a few different things with the constipation and I will let ya know how it goes.  I am so sorry about your sister i know this must be so hard on you and your family I will keep yo uall in my prayers as always.
Pam Hart
on 6/28/08 2:13 pm - Easton, PA
Nic, All the suggestions are wonderful.  I just had a revisit of constipation, which had been under control for about 6 weeks or so. To be perfectly honest, the only thing that works for me is 4 peri colace at night, or a suppository (dulcolax) when I know I'm gonna be home for a while.   I don't have much other to add than what everyone has given you - wanted to say good luck and feel better though! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1803 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1899 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2581 views