No Surgery for me

PrincessTH
on 7/3/08 4:51 am - York, PA
I was just called my surgeon's office.  My insurance doens't cover lap band.  They sometimes cover gastic bypass but never lapband.  I need lapband to be a choice b/c of my IBS.  I will have to wait until my husband's insurance changes (it seems to every year) or I get a job and get new insurance.  Very frustrating! Oh the upside I lost over 7lbs. this week.
oobiebus
on 7/3/08 7:02 am - pottstown, PA
So sorry to hear about your dilemma!I know it can be frustating! I will send prayers your way!and thats fantatsic losing 7 pounds way to go!Hugs trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

Nicole0216
on 7/3/08 8:31 am - Lancaster, PA
sorry dont give up i will think of you
Laureen S.
on 7/3/08 11:07 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Sorry to hear that your insurance does not cover it, glad you are focusing on the upside and don't give up.  Good luck and I'll keep you in my prayers. Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/08 5:03 am - Horsham, PA
You might want to check out   prettydove's  profile http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/prettydove/   or send her a  private message. she had IBS before her surgery as well as numerous others.  there are many post-ops who have been ther and their surgeries did not make it worse it actually got better for them. Keep on working on the insurance and you'll get there. Good Luck on your journey, Jeanne
Pam Hart
on 7/4/08 11:55 pm - Easton, PA
Keep at it!  Hopefully your husbands insurance will change.....or you can get your own. There's also private places (do a search online) that allow you to purchase on your own healthcare insurance.  I'm sure it's pricey - but it's worth the research. You could also talk to your surgeon and a GI doctor and see how much RNY is contraindicated for IBS patients.  I've heard of others who have done it......it might be a possibility for you. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tammypa
on 7/7/08 6:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
I know I am really late replying to this - but I wanted to answer because I also had IBS.  I had IBS and I had the gastric bypass. I no longer have to take medicine for it. Tammy
randies_baby
on 7/15/08 3:09 am

I have IBS as well.  I asked the MD about RNY in relationship to the IBS.  He did not see a problem and I am scheduled for lap RNY on 8/4.  You may want to check with the MD again.  Also, my friend had IBS and had RNY and is GREAT !! She also recently had a baby.  No problmes and little to no IBS.  Good Luck !!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1803 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1901 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2582 views