You are now free to eat most anything....Yay....not so much!!?!

crazy4birds
on 1/26/15 9:55 am
RNY on 12/02/14

Well I'll be 8 weeks post-op tomorrow.  At 6 weeks my program said I could now eat "regular" foods.  I was sooo looking forward to that stage then I got the flu. I'm finally feeling better and ready to eat the only problem is nothing tastes good.  Does food ever start tasting normal?  I feel like everything I eat is sawdust.  I was keeping myself on track with protein shakes and the last few days they just seem too sweet.

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

NYMom222
on 1/26/15 10:20 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I am just 6 months out and I would say things are just starting to taste good in the last month. Before that once and awhile something tasted good, but usually not.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 1/26/15 1:34 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Don't worry girls...eventually food will start to taste good again and that is when the hard work begins.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/26/15 2:33 pm

News flash for you: i am almost 7 years out. I can eat anything...almost... But i choose to eat like a skinny person now...so some foods are mine "don't eat unless you want to gain weight" list...i am skinny now...i eat like a d kinny butch does..not a lot, and not everything. Normal..diet for skinny people. Not my normal diet from when i was MO. 

It gets better...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cathy W.
on 1/26/15 10:58 pm

Oh yes, it will change.  The good/bad news is that food will start tasting good.  Good because you'll be able to enjoy what you're eating. Bad news is that is when the real work starts to lose weight AND maintain your loss.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

selhard
on 1/27/15 12:11 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Food posts like yours make me kinda jealous.  It started as early in the hospital when the nurse was anticipating the usual gag when her patients took the first sip of protein drink and I didn't even flinch.  When support group members bring in to giveaway what they say are "terrible-tasting vitamin/calcium chews" or "gross protein powder," guess who snatches them up baffled by their dislikes?  I'd trade you any day, but not when it comes to the flu bug.  Get Well.

catalina07
on 1/27/15 8:14 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

selhard, I am with you. I feel confused by these kinds of posts. Sometimes I really wish I had some more side effects from my surgery. I am just over 2 months post op. Things taste fine to me, as normal. I don't get full after 3 bites. Only thing is sugar free pudding cups...they are too sweet for me to finish when before I could eat two! But other than that, I sometimes wonder if they just took out my lap band and forgot to do the RNY! I know its probably frustrating to try to find foods you can eat/tolerate...but at least you are probably losing quickly. I have been stuck at the same weight for almost a month now and its killing me. I guess the grass is always greener though.

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

STB
on 1/27/15 3:13 am
RNY on 07/21/14

I am six months out and things that didn't taste good now do for the most part. I still can't stand coffee which isn't a bad thing but I LOVED it pre-op. I couldn't wait to eat some tunafish and it is only recently that it tasted good. If you try something that is awful, wait a couple of weeks and try again. It will get better.

SHARON  

crazy4birds
on 1/27/15 10:43 am
RNY on 12/02/14

Thanks for the replies.  Yeah I guess it is good that things taste bad otherwise I might be pushing the limits.  I know I have a new normal and the candies and chips are a thing of the past.  Luckily, I guess, I have celiac's so cake and cookies were long ago a thing of the past and I got used to that so I'll get used to this too.

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?