nininn
on 9/10/15 6:25 pm - RI
RNY on 11/02/15

Hi everyone, I have been lurking and reading all the fantastic posts and absolutely loving the support on here!!  I am coming out of hiding now that I have a surgery date!!  November 2nd.  I had the band, long story short..it eroded through my stomach a few years ago and had emergency surgery and now feel it is time to get back on the bandwagon.

SUPER scared though.  I have had 2 heart attacks (many years ago) and 2 coronary stents as well as being a type 2 diabetic.  Nervous because I have a beautiful 3 1/2 yr old daughter and am nervous about having surgery because I am high risk and now have a child to worry about not just myself and my husband if something should go wrong  (mind you I was high risk with my pregnancy and flew through that just fine).  

With that being said (holding that in for a while to myself) I am so glad that this group is so supportive and positive!!  Looking forward to interacting with everyone during my journey!!

"slow and steady wins the race..."

kokosuggs
on 9/10/15 6:43 pm

I'm so glad you have a surgery date..I can understand you being nervous but I also know being over weight is dangerous as well.  I'm 8 months out & it's the best decision I've ever made!   Good Luck   positive thoughts  :)

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

Felicity Q.
on 9/10/15 8:16 pm
DS on 09/28/15

Welcome and congratulations on your surgery date! 

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

cc583
on 9/10/15 10:14 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Welcome to the boards! It's a great place to be!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Diana_13
on 9/11/15 5:48 am
with

Congratulations!  I'm sure you're super nervous!  You wouldn't be normal if you weren't!  Your surgeon will take good care of you!  If s/he didn't think your body could handle the surgery, it would not be done!  In the end it will be the best thing for you! Having all the added weight on you right now is far worse than the surgery and recovery!  I'm 4 weeks out and I already know it was the best decision I've ever made!!!!

Diana_13 

RNY Surgery-8/10/15

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics