What's on your Menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Queen JB
on 11/29/16 1:26 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Eloise Books

They were written in the 50s so I don't think it's a generational thing... The two 2003 movies with Julie Andrews are also amazing!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 11/29/16 9:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

OK.  I can see how I would have missed the movies since I was already in my mid-40s by then and I don't have kids, but how on earth did I miss those books???!!!??

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

stacyrg
on 11/28/16 10:06 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I feel your pain.  My beloved UCLA Bruins had their asses handed to them by "Big Brother" Cal.  So happy to see our craptastic season end!  At least we have Basketball!

mschwab
on 11/28/16 10:25 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I saw that game.   I was rooting for UCLA.  I'm with you, bring on basketball!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Daisydoo02
on 11/28/16 6:16 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Yes on extra long weekends, why not!!!!! I love that you have your lights done professionally, I am secretly jealous, hubby does an awesome job don't get me wrong, but professionals would be awesome!   I don't think I have ever seen Love Actually, I need to google that, I know who Eloise is but don't think I have seen that movie. I guess I have some catching up to do!

I had to ask hubby what an Oregon Duck was as in what sport?  Sorry they got creamed!  

Powered blue cheese, ummmmmm okay yes please!  I didn't even know that existed, sounds yummy!  What a nice treat!

Nothing wrong with small pouch days, lord knows we have enough of large pouch days so it all evens out!  ha ha ha

mschwab
on 11/29/16 12:53 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

You mus****ch Love Actually.  It is probably my all time favorite holiday movie.  Eloise At The Plaza is super cute, and Julie Andrews is predictably fantastic!

This is the first year I have had my lights professionally done.  My friend usually does it, but he hurt his knee and getting up on a ladder is no bueno!  The  pros did a great job last night, and I am thrilled with the results.  I think I will continue to use them each year.  I would prefer that my friends and family stay off ladders and roofs in the future.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

stacyrg
on 11/28/16 9:44 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning.  Thanksgiving weekend was good.  We went to my Aunt's house for Thanksgiving No. 1, then on Saturday my mother and I cooked Thanksgiving dinner No. 2 and took it to my brother's house.  He loves my mom's thanksgiving meal and we cook it for him every year.  In between there was working and shopping.  I think I may have posted this before, but I haven't lost much weight since my revision, but I've apparently lost inches.  When we were running Turkey Trot on Thursday my friend looked at me and told me it was time for new workout pants, that mine were a bit baggy in the butt.  So, I spent the weekend on the quest for properly fitting workout clothes.

DQOTD - LOVE it.  My office is kind enough to stock the 100 cal. bags of microwave popcorn. My office is across the hall and behind a closed door, away from the kitchen, yet I ALWAYS know when someone in the main part of the office has made a bag.  Here, you pop, take what you want and leave the bag.  It's like I have this weird popcorn radar.  So in the afternoon, I usually end up eating a small cup or bowl full (hard to track, but I do my best since I know how many calories are in a bag).  My rule is I won't pop a bag for myself, but someone else's leftovers are fair game.

My plan:

B: 1 egg, 1 oz ham, 1 slice cheese

L: 3 oz chicken tenders and 1/2 cauliflower fried rice

D: NY Steak (or turkey)

S: Skinny vanilla latte; Cottage Cheese (if needed)

Cal: 722 (without cottage cheese); Protein: 80g; Fat: 24g; Carbs: 38g

Daisydoo02
on 11/28/16 6:21 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I love that you have lost inches!  And love even more that you got to go new workout clothes shopping!!!  

Your office story of the popcorn is the best, I LOL'd at "my rule is I won't pop a bag for myself but someone else's leftovers are fair game" that's the best!!!! LOL LOL

How is the acid, better, worse, same? Did you do the "all meat" experiment?  Sorry if I missed what the outcome was?  I swear as I get farther out  I am getting more food sensitives/allergies, its a bit frustrating but I will take a few allergies over being MO.

You know since surgery I can't stand the sight or smell or taste of cottage cheese, I ate a lot of it right after surgery in the soft stage and now I feel nauseous just thinking about it and too bad cuz I loved it pre surgery!!!!

Gail S.
on 11/28/16 10:05 am - New York, NY

I LOVE popcorn!! Before my surgery I wasn't the biggest fan of popcorn, but now I could have it everyday! I have an airpopper, but I also do the microwave butter flavored. 

B: egg bake (1 scrambled egg with 1oz of ham and .2oz of cheese) I make a bunch of these on Sunday night to last the week. I can't handle making breakfast each morning. 

L: spinach salad with 3oz chicken and thai peanut dressing (I'm a little obsessed with thai peanut dressing lately - yummy!)

S: protein bar

D: hmmmm? TBD

E: 10,000 steps of walking and spin class tonight at 6:30

Daisydoo02
on 11/28/16 6:25 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Welcome Gail, how are you?

Popcorn sure is popular with a lot of us!  I just use the microwave stuff but we had an air popper when I was a kids, it was the bomb!

I love that you make a lot of the egg bake on Sunday for the week, I like doing that kind of stuff too! I made a lot of Eggfaces's "egg bites" when I was a few months post op, it was great to just grab & go!

I love Thai flavoured anything!!! What brand is your dressing? 

Hope you had fun at spin class!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 460 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 47 views