What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

OneBlueSock
on 12/12/16 4:24 pm
RNY on 06/21/17

Thank you - this thread has been great for getting food ideas for snacks and such too, and it really helps me to try and plan things out :)  

the chicken salad recipe I used was one I think I found on her pinterest boards....but I must admit between getting an Instant Pot a couple days ago and going a bit crazy with the finding and pinning of bariatric friendly recipes it's getting to be a blur.  

The recipe I saw somewhere on her site/pinterest called for chicken, plain greek yogurt, celery, salt and pepper.  I added in greek seasoning because I love it on chicken!   Great way to repurpose the rest of a chicken I made over the weekend!

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/16 6:03 am

Great picture Daisy. I love snow. I hate the cold but love the snow. I actually walked yesterday in the cold it felt good till my body started to cool down.

We put up our Christmas tree yesterday. I usually take down everything off the mantel and my china cabinet and Decorate the whole house.

I decided that was too much to do. I don't feel bad about it. I know when we put it away there isn't a ton of work to do.

One thing I want to do is just spend time with my family doing nothing rather me *****ing that this needs to get done. The shopping isn't even started. I know it will get done. Just want to do it for the fun of it not because I have to. 

B:Coffee protein bar since I will be running around today

L:Turkey and cheese

D:Chinese food

Vitamins are in exercise no walk today unless it stops pouring here. 

Pokemom
on 12/12/16 8:25 am
RNY on 12/29/14

For our kids this year, we are trying to focus on giving experiences over things.  In some ways, this is making things simpler.  We are still a little worried, though, about the "wow" factor on Christmas morning.  At 12 and 14, our kids still at home still want that--especially the sentimental 12 year old.

I agree with you on the decorating.  Too much, and for what?  We have a lot of decorations we have obtained over the years that we just do not put out anymore.  Some are valuable enough--or sentiimental enough--that we do not want to get rid of them.  Maybe when we are older, we will figure out what to do with them.  But not this year.  I try to get rid of some stuff every year  as I put away the Christmas boxes.  I do not have nearly the number of Christmas boxes that some of my friends and neighbors have.  Where do they even STORE all the stuff?

Daisydoo02
on 12/12/16 1:22 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Snow yes!  Cold NO!!! I am right there with you Susan.  How do the 3Bs handle the snow? My Labs as you know love it and literally ask to go out a million times in the evenings just so they can roll around in the snow and be goofy, oh the life of a dog!

My boss and I were talking today, hardly anyone is into Christmas and decorating and gifts this year, something is off, a lot of people around me are feeling it too!  Don't feel bad about it, its your life, your house, you make the rules.

Keep smiling beautiful!

NYMom222
on 12/12/16 6:04 am, edited 12/11/16 11:18 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

At PT right now... Daisy I can relate to the cookie problem... I went to a cookie swap Thursday.... bring 9 dozen go home with 9 dozen assorted...crazy to go. Used ½ for my brunch Saturday morning. And ½ are in freezer for Christmas Eve.

NSV I decorated my whole house including tree in 3 hours Friday night.  7 foot tree on 30" table almost 10 feet of fun. Involved going up and down a ladder and I didn't kill myself. 

B: latte faurlife/miralax nuts

s: eggs on low carb wrap 

L: protein drink

D: Chicken TBD

snacks: chai, hb eggs, chicken egg drop soup, Pb on spoon

edited: To add food and change typos... had to jump off before because was at PT. 

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Daisydoo02
on 12/13/16 3:34 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hope PT is helping Cynthia.  I could not do a cookie swap, no way no how!  Be careful on the ladder, you have this habit of falling remember? LOL LOL

catwoman7
on 12/12/16 6:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

long week this week (I work on Saturday), but lots of activities so hopefully it'll go fast.  Can't wait to be off for a few days!!

18 months out:

B:  Chobani 100 vanilla topped with fresh raspberries and 1 T Kashi Crunch granola

S:  SF protein mocha latte, maybe coffee with half & half

L:  cottage cheese, baby carrots

D:  chicken tikka masala over cauliflower rice  (I made the CTM and used plain Greek yogurt instead of cream - also threw in some chopped broccoli and bell peppers)

S:  probably another Greek yogurt or chai tea latte later

exercise:  water aerobics - if the roads aren't too bad!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Daisydoo02
on 12/13/16 3:35 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I hate working on the weekends, it makes me crazy!  Your CT sounds yummy, that is one of my favorite dishes!

mschwab
on 12/12/16 6:41 am
RNY on 11/21/14

This is a quick drive by.  I am in Oakland for an executive meeting, so I really don't have any idea what my menu will be. The good news is that Kaiser has strict, healthy requirements for any catering at meetings, so I am confident there will be good choices.  

I am with you all in the holiday food blues.  I'm not so tempted by cookies, but it is he other junk that gets me.  Yesterday I laid down at the hotel for a nap before dinner because I had a headache.  The nap lasted 3 hours, and I missed dinner.  So I ate a bag of Cheetos out of the vending machine.  Ugh! Bad choices are always right there!

All day meeting today, so I know I will drink too much coffee, and my exercise will be pacing around the back of the room, because I go stir crazy in these things.  Have a great day everyone!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Daisydoo02
on 12/13/16 3:36 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Enjoy your team meeting MA, I can related to missing a meal and making a bad choice, like having cookies instead!  UGH!  Well today is a new day!  You got this!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 456 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 528 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 509 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 397 views
Recent Topics