What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 12/12/16 3:40 am, edited 12/12/16 3:46 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning my menu friends, how is everyone!  Well its mild here today but we got a dumping of snow! Yes this Canadian girl is happy! Here is a pic of me and the dogs from our hike yesterday evening, yes even in a storm we got out hiking, its an amazing workout!  We had an awesome weekend, really busy but great! My SIL 50th bday party was a huge success, had a blast and I ate way to much, I "treated" myself way too much and ya the scale and I are not friends right now, I have been treating myself way to much lately and its showing on the scale, I am 130.8 lbs today and I am not impressed with myself.  Panic has started to set in because I know I have been eating treats (damn Christmas cookies!!!!) and it feels kind of like pre surgery where I "justified" that it is was the holidays therefore it was okay to eat treats. "Hi my name is Daisy and I have a Christmas cookie problem." Oh and I only have this week at work and 3 days next week before I go off for Christmas vacation and I am not back to the office until January 3rd so that's the other panic in my life, so much to do at the office before I go off on vacation!  Feeling frazzled and for some odd reason Christmas cookies make it better! LOL LOL LOL UGH!

Head's up for this Friday's "Photo Friday" theme: show us a pic of your Christmas tree full decorated or your fireplace mantle with all the stockings hung or your favorite Christmas display.

Time since surgery: 3 years

B: vanilla yogurt, fresh raspberries 1 tbsp bran buds

L: can of solid white tuna with balsamic dressing & 1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped up

S: 2 babybel cheese & 1/3 cup of dry roasted peanuts

D: grilled chicken with A1 sauce & side salad with balsamic dressing

S: vanilla yogurt, fresh raspberries & 1 tbsp bran buds

TOTALS: 904 calories, 97 protein, 47 carbs - I WILL NOT EAT CHRISTMAS COOKIES TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

V: I actually forgot to put my patches on this morning, I was out at 5am shoveling snow with hubby and then rushed to get in the shower and it just slipped my mind, will put them on when I get home and just sleep with them on

L: coffee by the boatload, water & SF cran all day

E: hike the dogs in deep ass snow when I get home then go to the gym and then I have a few errands to run as long as the roads are okay, people in my city legit can't drive when they see one flake of snow, makes me mental!!

Have an awesome day my friends, be fabulous! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Insert Fitness
on 12/12/16 4:01 am

Morning!

Daisy the snow you had, moved our way overnight! And you're right about the workout. After the last dump I was saying it was a Combo of cardio, resistance and stability excersise! And it's funny, even my arthritic basset hound loves it!

Today I'm meeting with the kinesiologist at my clinic. I'm looking forward to it. I had started C25K, but based on Gwens feedback (on the fitness board here), I've scaled back the intervals, and it's going well so far. Next I'd like to add some strength training, and the kinesiologist is going to help me put together a program.

Menu

B:protein shake

L: tuna with diced veggies, light mayo

D: some balsamic chicken recipe I'm going to try in the slow cooker. Maybe with some broccoli 

S: Greek yogurt if needed

have a great Monday everyone!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Daisydoo02
on 12/12/16 12:59 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hiking in the snow is one of the best workouts I have ever had, glad you and your basset hound like it too!

I want to hear how your Kin appt went, your Centre seems really good and I am curious as to what she/he has to say.

Tell me how the balsamic chicken turns out in the slow cooker, it you like it please share the recipe, I LOVE all things balsamic!!

Insert Fitness
on 12/13/16 4:49 am

The appointment was great, and I'll put together a proper post, but did talk about a bit in today's menu post.

the chicken was fine, I'm also a balsamic fiend, but I usually find I'm not a huge fan of chicken in the slow cooker. It's like moist and dry at the same time... 

but I loved the flavours of the sauce. I think next time, I'll do it in the oven, and also remove the chicken, and reduce the sauce to thicken it a bit. 

It called for a quarter cup of brown sugar. I put about half that, I'm not sure it's even needed. I also added broccoli and sliced peppers the last 30 minutes or so! Here's the recipe

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

ttfan
on 12/12/16 4:14 am
RNY on 08/15/16

Good Morning, snowing like crazy here! YUCK!  I love the season's except for snow season...lol

I forgot to mention this weekend that the surgeon said that I am doing so well that I don't have to see the Nutritionist unless I want to ( which I don't)  I could of kissed him...lol

Breakfast
Low Carb Italian Meatloaf
Kraft American Cheese Slices 2%, 0.5 Slice
Lunch
Cauliflower Fried "rice", 0.67 cup
Pork Chop, Baked, 1 chop (thin)
Dinner
Chicken Thigh, 1 piece
Squash, winter, butternut baked, without salt, 0.5 cup,
Snacks
Quest Protein Powder - Salted Caramel, 0.5 scoop

Totals cal 670 carbs 28 pro 69

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Daisydoo02
on 12/12/16 1:00 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Congrats that your Surgeon is so happy with your results!  Keep up the great work!!

Daffodilgirl
on 12/12/16 5:06 am
Daisydoo02
on 12/12/16 1:15 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

159.2 is a very exciting number Maranda!  Keep up the great work!!! At this rate you will be in the 140's by Christmas!  Keep up the awesome work!

Deanna798
on 12/12/16 5:30 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning Gang.  It snowed 10 inches here in the last 24 hours.  I am happy to report that I was at work on time, and while the drive was a little longer than normal, it was only longer by like 5 or 10 minutes.  Props to the local counties for being on the ball and getting the main roads cleared quickly.

I have a horrible ear infection.  I ended up getting in to see my doctor on Saturday morning and I'm on antibiotics and some ear drops (that cost me like $200 AFTER insurance).  I'm sad, because my ear has gotten worse since Saturday and I can't hear out of it at all.  I have been taking my meds right on schedule and I still have no relief.  Hoping that it will get better in the next couple of days, because this really hurts.  It's an outer ear infection, and I don't have a cold or a sore throat or anything, just a horribly swollen and sore ear.  Even my earlobe hurts, ugh.

The oldest boy has a snow day today and hubby is still off of medical.  His hand is healing nicely and the only thing holding him back is that he has two incisions on his right palm.  They will be shoveling the rest of the snow this morning.  Both my hubby and my teenager shoveled once yesterday to try to keep it from getting too overwhelming.

16 months since surgery

B: egg cup with bacon, onions, tomato and sharp cheddar (yummy). Coffee with SF coffeemate.

L: romaine salad with fat free feta, cucumbers and 3oz of shrimp with Bolthouse Farms Yogurt dressing Roasted Garlic.

D: 2x chicken drumsticks (no skin with bbq sauce)

S: apples, cheese and pretzel snack with turkey pepperoni.

totals:

calories 1050 protein 106 carbs 49 fat 48

Have a great day everyone.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Daisydoo02
on 12/12/16 1:04 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

oh no Deanna, feel better!! It sounds really painful, I spent my childhood and most of my 20's & 30s with ear infections, they are horrible and so painful, so I hope the meds work and you get some relief.

Glad you got to work safe and only a few minutes late, I am also a commuter so I totally get where you are coming from!

Most Active
Recent Topics