What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

achelle131
on 12/12/16 6:45 am
RNY on 08/30/16

Good morning fam!

That's a lot of snow, daisy! Today's a new day, I know you can kick the extra pounds. Just go with the protien hot chocolate moving forward and skip on the cookies most days or something. (I know, easier said than done) I am like you that I have a serious sweet tooth. When my family was here for thanksgivign weekend, my son and nephew decorated christmas cookies for the first time, and i made sure to make myself a serving of SF Fat free white choc pudding to take spoonfuls of as everyone ate their cookies. I dont even really like sugar cookies but being around icing and the smell of it was a little tough, but i made it through!

I'll be sure to take a photo of my christmas decor for friday!

TIme Since Surgery: 14 weeks, 6 days

B: Vanilla Ricotta Bake, SF Syrup

S: Premiere Choc Protien

L: Chicken Salad & Cucumber Slices

S: 1/2 Isopure Bottle & 10 almonds

D: 1.5 CHicken rotiserrie, 1/4 c broccoli & 1 tsp butter

Total: 731 Cal, Protien 84, Carb 22, Fat 32

Vit & Water Started

E: 10 Min T25, 7 min yoga stretch. Had a doctor appt this morning and its raining, so not sure when i can get a walk in, if i can at all.

RNY: 8/30/2016, Consult Wt: 263 lbs, Surgery Wt: 243 lbs, Current Wt: (3/8/17) 166 lbs, Goal Wt: 150 lbs

M1: -26 lbs, M2: -10 lbs, M3: -9 lbs, M4: -16 Lbs, M5: -12 lbs, M6: -4 lbs,

Daisydoo02
on 12/13/16 3:40 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thanks Mari, you are super sweet!  I know you are doing amazing but if you have a sweet tooth like me I will tell you that for me at year 2 or when I was 2.5 yrs post op is when the sweet tooth kicked right back in. Work on the head hunger and what you will do when it happens, if it happens, maybe it won't and yay for you!  Last night to help with my sweet tooth I have 10 fresh raspberries with SF Cool Whip on them, super low calorie and really helped quell my sweet tooth, I am on the right track!

Your ricotta bake sounds yummy! I should try that one of these days!  Keep up the great work my friend!

karenp8
on 12/12/16 6:57 am - Brighton, IL

Daisy.you and the pups look like you are having so much fun. No snow here in Illinois but we are only 26 today. Lily and I had a nice brisk e.2 mile walk this morning. There was even running involved and it felt glorious. I always go glum ly out the door but am so happy I did it. I'm also happy I have Lily to help nudge me to stay active and fit. Left to my own ambition there are some days I would just stay in bed but I can't say no to her cute Face! Post op 4 years 3.5 months and weight at 117 today. Here's the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz deli turkey and cheese 1/2 c riced cauliflower with cheese D 31/2 oz Tbone 1/2  c roasted sweet potatoes and onions S mission one chocolate brownie protein bar .  Christmas is such a hard time with WAY too many temptations each and every day. I think we all get tired of saying no to those things we used to love. I know I  do and consider myself fortunate that a small amount of sugar makes me dump. It does make saying no a lot easier but it's still hard even at 4 plus years out. So just hang in there everybody,have a good day,and make the choices you need to to get one step closer to your goal.

Daisydoo02
on 12/13/16 3:42 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Jealous you dump Karen, I say that to be funny, I know dumping is not pretty or funny but with my sweet tooth I wish I had that kind of deterrent! LOL

Thanks for your vote of confidence!

yvonnef1964
on 12/12/16 7:14 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

We got alot of snow this weekend. Schools are closed today. I went out saturday but it was getting worse when i came home. Sunday went to church and they had a potluck. I can walk to church, its across the street.

I got to get this binge eating under control. Didnt like the scale this morning.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese

L cottage cheese,  baby carrots and red pepper

D thin crust pizza

S Greek yogurt,  turkey sausage snack sticks and cutie orange

Have a great day

Kakesie
on 12/12/16 7:21 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Daisy and Menu Friends!

I love the picture of you with Amy and Oliver in the snow, Daisy!  How is Amy's recovery coming along?

I miss the QOTD.  I always look forward to that.

B:  crepe w/ peaches, cream cheese, cool whip

L:  lettuce, spinach, 2 h.b. eggs, bacon, cheese, low cal dressing

D:  chicken & wild rice soup

S:  Light n Fit Greek yogurt

S:  Roast beef roll-up with cream cheese

Exercise:  Walking the dogs or exercise bike

Have a FANTASTIC day everyone!

~ Karen  

peachpie
on 12/12/16 8:09 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Ya'll can keep all that snow up north! I hear you on the Christmas cookie thing. This weekend I bought some Christmas sugar cookies from a bakery (cause making 2-3 dozen is far more dangerous than buying a 1/2 dozen...). My attitude was tis the season-- what's Christmas with out a sugar cookie?!. Well my stomach's response was not this season! My hubby gently scolded me for inviting my own agony last night. Scale is slightly up to day- nothing to be in a stink over though.

19 months out, 194.7 today

M1: 1 fried egg, 1 oz ham, 1/2 Belgian waffle

M2: greek yogurt/blueberries/granola

M3: BBQ/ham lunch meat roll-up

M4: pork roast, mashed sweet potato

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

RNY_elizabeth
on 12/12/16 8:33 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Happy snow to you all and glad it isn't here in Texas.  I am not hoping for a white Christmas.  Snow is rare and no fun down here. I swear it feels like I ate nothing but crackers and cheese all weekend.  There was a series of events and outings and all that was around was crackers and cheese.  I finally managed to poop this morning so that is good but ya...less crackers and less cheese would be good.  My scale is being a meanie head this morning and showing me that I can't eat all that salt...up to 125.2 (before the poo) and my ankles are puffy.  I am going low salt this week to try to get that fixed.  The good news is there is now officially no crackers in my house and I have no events to go to until this weekend so I should be better. 

Christmas cookies aren't really calling to me.  Mostly because cookies have never really been a part of my holiday traditions.  I suppose I just don't have very many friends who bake. I have been wishing for sweet things more than usual though.  To quell that I figured out that Cool Whip (just 2 tbs) is only 2g of sugar and no fat so I have used that on top of my Light & Fit Greek yogurt in the evening when I really want a sweet treat. I found that with the Key Lime flavor it taste just like Key Lime pie which has always been a favorite of mine. Hits the sweet tooth and isn't to total train wreck. 

Menu: B, Chobani Simply 100 "Crunch"; L, Light & Fit Greek and two little mandarin oranges; D: No clue...heading to the store after work; S: Mozzarella knot and maybe a Cool Whip/Greek yogurt 'treat'

Have a safe and wonderful start to the week!

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Pokemom
on 12/12/16 8:39 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Fabulous picture, Daisy!

We have had RAIN all weekend.  I love snow, and where we live, in the mountainous high desert, it is part of "The Plan."  No snow in the winter means no water in the summer and fall.  The rain, though, will have soaked into the ground, and that is good.  But my skiing/sledding family really wants snow.

Cookies.  I love cookies and sometimes would like to stick my head into a bowl of cookie dough.  This has not been as big a temptation since surgery, but it remains one of my biggest triggers.

Head bump.  This morning I drove my middle school boys to school because the younger one had leg surgery 10 days ago and cannot manage the bus.  we took the dog because:  boy dog love.  As they went exit the car, the boy shoved the dog in my face because:  boy dog love, assumed to transfer to mom dog love.  He shoved it pretty hard, just as I turned my head.  The dog's hard cranium knobs smashed into my forehead right above my eye.  Big bump formed immediately.  Have been icing.  Looking abused for Christmas.

Got a letter from my son in Korea last night!  So happy about that.  College daughter is super stressed about finals.  Needing lots of emotional support--and some additional financial help next semester, so she can cut back her work hours at her job, to better focus on her classes--in the home stretch, these classes get so hard, and she self-destructs if the stress gets too high.  Prone to weight issues, she has gained (I'm guessing) 50 pounds this past year.  I am very worried for her, and hope to help her halt this hard path (that I know) by helping her to have the time for better self care.

My plan for the day:

I am really behind because of icing the giant head bump.

B: Fage yogurt with nuts and small amount of maple syrup.

L:  Turkey and provolone (no bread) with grape tomatoes

D:  Hmmm.  Have to cook.  Cookies for dinner?  (JK)  I think I will make a frozen ravioli lasagne casserole, which my husband bought at Costco.  This means I will need to brown some ground beef to up my protein.  Brocolli.

Snacks:  Home baked parmesan cheese crips.  Cashews.

Drinking lots of herb tea and Crio Bru as always.

supershopper
on 12/12/16 8:40 am

Super quick post from me- made it to Dayton. I brought a ton of fudge and peanut brittle into the office for THEM to EAT!!! ate 3 pieces last night again- granted it is low carb but still.....

My coworkers have not seen me since march and i'm already starting to get the comments about being too thin. whomp whomp

Menu today

Canadian bacon/cheese/egg

coffee

some kind of grilled chicken/veggie

Dinner with MUTE tonight- we are going to Thai!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 116 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views