Abdominal Pain Advice

pamely
on 10/29/18 11:40 pm

I am eleven months out from my RNY and have developed abdominal pain. It isn't the epigastric pain like you would ordinarily see in someone with gall stones. This pain is high and in the center of my abdomen. I have noticed in the past 2 months or so that I am having increased difficulty getting in all of my fluids and the amount of food I can eat is getting very small. I'm not really sure what is happening. Calling my surgeon's office is on my to-do list for this week. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Pam

RNY 11/20/2017

Librarian67
on 10/30/18 3:31 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Call your surgeon ASAP and if you can't get an appointment soon, go to an Urgent Care or ER.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Amy R.
on 10/30/18 7:14 am

I second the suggestion to call your surgeon ASAP. Move it to the top of your to-do list. Or better yet, stop whatever you're doing right now and make the call. You've been dealing with this for two months plus and that's about a month and a half too long.

Whatever you have going on in there should probably be addressed by your surgeon first. If they don't handle it themselves they'll at least know where to send you next.

Seriously, do it. Call them immediately.

aesposito
on 10/31/18 11:51 am

Go to ER now. I had a similar issue on and off a few years back, then my appendix ruptured and I spent five days in the hospital and nearly died... I had written it off as something related to RNY (and I should know better as a medical professional).

Also had pain in that area when I got a stone caught in the common duct... which can also kill you.

We don't always get the classic signs, symptoms, pain location and progressions because our insides have been re-arranged. Get help.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 441 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views