Be controversial! What is something you hate, that others love?

Dcgirl
on 1/10/19 7:04 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

So today's menu post got me thinking...and Jim (GreatEight) pointed out that the menu thread has a subculture of mayonnaise haters! (Personally I see more mushroom haters but since he's a mayo hater, he aligns with his brethren lol)

It got me thinking - what is something controversial that you hate??? I'm thinking we should probably steer clear of politics and religion, like all dysfunctional families (and we are a family here) so hit me with it...what is something you hate that makes other people's mouths drop when you say it? Christmas music? The book The Notebook? Bald old man looking babies? Puppy breath? Belly buttons? (I work with a woman who once confessed to our entire team that belly buttons make her want to vomit).

I've come clean on this before but here it is again. I hate tomatoes. Hate. They have skin and juice and pulp and seeds and just ugh. Yes, I realize they are served in millions of sauces and sandwiches and pastas and burgers. But hold the tomato! Gross! When I was a teenager I referred to them as placenta. Because I had a teenage brain.

So what's your controversial dislike? Please don't say the movie Love Actually because it will make me question our friendship... ;)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/10/19 7:27 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, fun!!! I'll play.

I hated The English Patient.

Excluding the Hobbit, I think Lord of the Rings was a better movie series than book series.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dcgirl
on 1/11/19 5:09 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ummm, I've never seen any of those movies lol! So I can only assume those are controversial statements haha. I'm woefully behind on movies, as in, I see about 1-2 movies per year in the theater and very few at home! Maybe that's more controversial than my tomato hating haha!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/11/19 11:37 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I see ALL the movies; I love going to the theater even though so many people there don't seem to realize proper movie watching etiquette (ie, they won't shut up).

Jen

AnnyBananny
on 1/11/19 5:42 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ahahaha, I saw The English Patient with my aunt and sister and we ALSO hated it. We shall always refer to it as "Toasty, Crispy Man."

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Partlypollyanna
on 1/11/19 10:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That's a perfect description!!

Jen

Candrews1
on 1/11/19 6:13 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

As a LOTR fan, those words are blasphemous..lol

Height=5"4' Age=49 RNY=04/17/2015

HW=285, CW=205, LW=197, GW=195

My exercise motto-Further or faster!!!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/11/19 11:38 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I know, it takes away from my geek credibility...but I read Dune every year so that adds back to it, lol!

Jen

selhard
on 1/10/19 10:34 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

When gathering with other married couples with children, eventually there is natural split with women conversing in one area and men in another. Women tend to love talking about family at great length. I don't. For example, I hate pretending it interests me what detailed decorating choices Martha is pondering over for Little Johnny's bedroom, I bore quickly listening about Jane's cousin's daughter's divorce drama, and my mind wanders when Julie is detailing the weekly activity schedule of each and every grandchild. Instead, I gravitate toward the sound of the men in the other room laughing at the the goofiest of stories. I love laughter. I love laughter a lot.

Dcgirl
on 1/11/19 5:14 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Haha, I can't say I blame you...I love talking about almost any subject but I do agree that in certain crowds, the gender split can turn out that way. That's why living in DC has always been so interesting. It's such an interesting microcosm of people, so parties tend to have such an array of people that you can find an interesting discussion in every corner. When I'm back in my hometown in Michigan, where most of my friends still love within 20 miles of where we grew up, you get more "women discussing homemaking and how their husbands drive them crazy" and "men discussing work, hunting, and why women are annoying" lol!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views