What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

cc583
on 1/14/19 5:46 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Thank you Amy! :)

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Partlypollyanna
on 1/14/19 5:12 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope you are feeling better by now! There are some nasty bugs going around.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dcgirl
on 1/14/19 8:24 am, edited 1/14/19 2:02 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning, almost afternoon, folks! School was canceled today so we have the kids until tonight. It's very hectic here, with me and Kris working from home, the kids gallivanting everywhere, me trying to pack in between meetings since I leave at 7 am tomorrow, oh and we have 8 inches of snow outside. Never a dull moment!

I am off to Vegas and then LA so leaving 8 inches of snow for 60s and then maybe even 70 in LA! The only downside is all the eating out.

ETA two things I completely forgot in my initial post! First, Daisy, I am so so sorry you had to miss the party. This migraine sounds insanely awful. Is there any relief in sight? Do your doctors have any exploratory drugs to try on you? It just doesn't seem right to suffer for this long :(

And also ETA the QOTD: I was sort of spotty at blood work in year 2 and 3 and then felt run down and saw my ferritin was a 12, so now I get blood draws at least every six months, and I have had iron infusions - I think it's time for a workup and potentially some new infusions once I get back in town...I can just tell when I am low. I use this amazing tracking spreadsheet that Sparkle Kitty Julie shared with me and I can see my trends.

I'm eating and preparing all the things in the fridge in freezer in anticipation of being gone...

B: Leftover crab (in mayo and Old Bay) from last night's dinner, after my coffee with 3 tbsp half and half and a splash of sugar-free caramel cheesecake syrup. Waffles, eggs and turkey bacon for Kris and the kids. I have never been a sweet breakfast person, so I am never tempted by their breakfasts.

L: Leftover crab again for me! Tuna sandwiches and grilled cheese for the fam

D: Changed from chicken nuggets to homemade pizza for the kids, and then spicy chicken sausage for me and Kris after the gym.

E: I am going to do a one hour tonight class tonight, and may stay for half of the following class which is resistance training

I will definitely be here to read, and hopefully to post, this week. Though all meals will be unknown and unplanned sadly, so maybe just to read and comment :)

Theduffman27
on 1/14/19 9:46 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Sounds like your timing is ideal for a road trip!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Emiepie
on 1/14/19 10:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You have a lot going on today. I hope you can take a few moments to breathe.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

stacyrg
on 1/14/19 9:01 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning. My stitches came out on Friday, so I was back at the gym this weekend. Two days of hot spin. More spin and conditioning classes scheduled for this week. So happy to be back at it!

QOTD: I'm an every 6 months person. My surgeon is awesome with bloodwork and follow up. All I need to do is send an email requesting labs and he submits them electronically. My endocrinologist is also good with follow-up.

My plan:

B/L: my ground turkey/egg white/riced cauliflower concoction. I have about 2 cups with me (4 oz of turkey in each serving) and I'll eat off of it today.

D: either ribeye or meatloaf. Either way, protein forward

S: I brought a yogurt and two cuties for before the gym

E: Spin and maybe an abs and booty class if possible. We're also doing hourly exercises at work. Today is plank o'clock, So it's a minute of planking every hour as close to the hour as possible. Time to plank!

conazza
on 1/14/19 9:14 am
RNY on 09/23/16

Hi Everyone!

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still dealing with a migraine. I hope it can be resolved soon!

QOTD: I have my labs every 6 months. I too thank the vets here as my Ferritin went down to 8 and I was able to push for an infusion which greatly helped.

Accountability: right on all weekend and so far today.

B: coffee with premier protein

L: chicken breast with salsa

S: lite salami and babybel

D: Sirloin and broccoli

calories: 812 protein: 140 carbs: 7

Lap band: 2006. Revision to RNY 9/23/2016

8/2/17: Goal Reached: 135lbs. & 115lbs lost (5'3")

Pre-op: 250, SW 242, CW 125, GW 135

Pre-op: 9lb M1: 20lb M2: 11.5lb M3: 11.9 M4: 13.4 M5: 10.8 M6: 10.2 M7: 8.1 M8: 8.4 M9: 6.5 M10: 5.7 M11: 3.5 M12: 4.3

mschwab
on 1/14/19 12:13 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Daisy, I hope you feel better!

Happy Monday everyone. I had a really nice weekend. I went shopping with two girlfriends and one of their husbands (he was a trooper to hang with the girls) on Saturday. My favorite stores, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack and Sak's Off Fifth Avenue. There are some great sales on now! On Sunday, I went over my friend's house (the post plastics one) and hung out, made dinner and cooked up a pot of chili for later. The rest of the weekend was just puttering around the house doing chores and chasing Layla around with a syringe of antibiotics.

Today is laundry, and a meeting with staff from the American Heart Association to discuss plans for the Red Circle committee that I am chair of, for the Go Red For Women fundraising event.

Accountability: still sticking religiously to plan. Yay for me!

QOTD: I get post op blood work done once a year. My values are good so far, but if I start to see a negative trend, I will get them done more often.

4 years+ post op:

B: Egg Beaters, bacon and mozzarella omelette with EBTB spice

S: TJs Spicy jalapeño chicken sausage link

L: cup of chili that I made yesterday ( veggies, beans, spices and 96% lean beef)

S: lite string cheese stick

D: chicken cacciatore

S: 3 oz roasted prawns

Totals: calories 799, carbs 40, protein 75

Have a great day.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Au_Contraire
on 1/14/19 12:34 pm, edited 1/14/19 4:34 am

Hi all, happy Monday!

Sorry to hear you are still hurting, Daisy. I hope that your migraine lifts soon.

I'm very very stressed out! I need to move very soon, but am still uncertain as to where I will go. Working on it. Trying to stay internally calm in spite of everything. As long as I have a sense of peace inside, I can manage everything without veering into using food as a sedative. I am feeling on the edge of being too upset, but I am determined to keep my grip as far as eating goes. Eating for my nerves is an unwholesome old behavior which didn't do me any good back then, and which wouldn't do me any good now either, and I know it through and through. Instead, I'm having tons and tons of tea with SF, zero cal, zero carb syrups and that cool foam topping, and exercising more, and praying.

QOTD: At 19 months out, I've had two big draws. I was confused about my insurance coverage, as at 65 I segued over to Medicare (since I'm self-employed). I finally got it figured and straightened out, and am actually going to my new PCP's office in about an hour. I need the full bariatric workup ordered, and my thyroid badly needs attention as well.

First: tons of tea!

B: Trader Joe's Italian Style turkey meatloaf with tomato sauce. I like this.

L: tuna

D: shrimp

Have a wonderful day, my friends!

Sheila_H
on 1/14/19 12:49 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Wishing you peace and inner calm!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
Recent Topics