What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

seattledeb
on 1/14/19 9:53 pm

Fortunately they don't bother me. I usually have some in the car. I don't crave them at all. They will stop a blood sugar drop.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/15/19 7:20 am

The SA and the so called "fiber". They can call it fiber even though some of us (insides) can easily conversation that into blood sugar. I tested my BS number of time after I had the quest bars. Every time my BS was highly affected by the bars. More so than when I had a hard candy.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

karenp8
on 1/14/19 6:41 am - Brighton, IL

So sorry that your migraine is still hanging around. QOTD yearly and I keep track of my results and the trends too as my surgeon's office always says its OK even when my iron and ferritin was heading down. Accountability yesterday was spot on. Lily and I already have our 3.3 miles in walking up and down the streets as we still can't get to the park through the 10 inches of snow we ended up with. We were slogging through drifts nearly to my knees. I am over winter now but we're supposed to have another even worse storm this coming weekend. Weight today was 124.6 still. Heres todays eats B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L1 c bean soup D 4 oz chicken griller patty with 1/4 c green beans S meat stick. Have a great day everyone full of amazing choices!. Off to find the first of many cups of coffee--this is my one with cream!

Writergurl08
on 1/14/19 6:56 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! My day yesterday was perfectly lazy. I read and watched trash TV, and took a bubble bath after which I just put on fresh pajamas. Today back to the grindstone!

qotd: my center does mine every 6 months for the first 3 years unless there's an issue, then they'll check certain things more frequently. After that, once a year unless I feel like something is wrong or regular testing shows anything to watch closer.

Menu:

breakfast: cheddar brat, then coffee at work

lunch: the menu wasn't posted, so I'm not sure, but there's always a salad option with diced chicken breast on the salad bar if the menu item isn't a great choice.

Dinner: shrimp with pesto

probably a Creme brûlée Greek L&F before bed

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

cc583
on 1/14/19 4:29 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

The cheddar brat sounds yummy!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Partlypollyanna
on 1/14/19 6:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Monday!!! Hope everyone has a great week!

Weekend was ok, busy - I saw two movies, did a bunch (but not enough) around packing, got in a stretch session at Massage Envy and took a number of Epsom bath soaks because my legs were so sore from Thursday nights Toning and Flex classes. I can move freely again today so it all worked.

Do you ever feel like you are shouting into the void? My Monday/week started with a Sr. VP sending me an email with a suggestion to hire a data scientist to do some work around price elasticity and set up a program to modify pricing based on systemic triggers. Which is a fantastic idea! It's so good that I did that last May and have provided an update on the impacts every week since July 1. Sigh and bang head on desk...and then move on.

QOTD - they've drawn labs on a strange schedule this first year but I am tracking all the results and looking at trends.

Menu today

B - 4 oz ever roast chicken (my store has this on sale through tomorrow for 3$ off a lb!) and .6 oz provolone

L - Two Good yogurt

D - 4 oz taco meat, 1 oz cheddar

ES - Light and Fit greek (I'm going to steal the idea of freezing this)

I've finished my coffee and half and half for the day so now just tea

736calories, 92 protein, 15 carbs

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dcgirl
on 1/14/19 8:19 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

We've started an Ever Roast chicken revolution! Anny texted me that she tried it this weekend and loves it too. So does Amy Liz! I should ask Boar's Head for a referral fee ;) By the by, I have never seen it on sale. I pay $9.99 a pound pretty consistently. Which is funny since I get mad when raw chicken tenders are as high as $3.99 a pound, but I am really willing to pay for my deli chicken :)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/14/19 9:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You should get like a percentage! I had never tried it before seeing you rave about it. And with Amy Liz's tip to heat it up, it's moved to my favorite breakfast!

Jen

Amy Liz
on 1/14/19 11:32 am
RNY on 11/21/16

It's awesome warm w/cheese, am I right?!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 1/14/19 5:09 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

!!SO GOOD!!

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics