What's on your Saturday menu, RNY'ers?

catwoman7
on 5/18/19 4:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I've had a pesky headache for the last couple of days due to all this stupid rain. UGH! I wish these storms would move on outta here - but we're in for it the next couple of days!

I have a luncheon today - a reunion of a bunch of women who've been to Japan over the last 20 years on cultural exchanges. I think there are around five women from my group who will be there. I'm looking forward to seeing them again, but not looking forward to the weight questions and comments. Most of them haven't seen me since I weighed over 300 lbs. I rarely have to deal with these anymore, thankfully. BUT...I've been through this before and I'll be prepared!

I had another painful spot along my incision line and figured it was another internal suture trying to break through, but yesterday it finally erupted and it's....a staple! I guess my body hates those, too. I called the surgeon's office to see if I can come in on Monday or if it's something a local MD can remove (the surgeon is kind of picky about people touching his work, so I thought I'd better ask). He said either. I think I might just go to my PCP. I'll probably have to pay for the office visit since I'm not sure insurance will cover it since it's related to PS (whereas there would be no charge for the surgeon to do it), but then again, there's the time and money involved in going to Chicago (esp if we spend Sunday night in a hotel). It'd probably be a wash.

Accountability was great yesterday; weight was up this morning. Might have been the lunch out (pad thai at the low carb restaurant - made with zoodles. Still - the sauce probably had a lot of sodium in it). Bah!

3 years 11 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 1/3 mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: grilled chicken sandwich (will punt half or all of the bread)

AS: light yogurt or protein pumpkin pie

D: blackened salmon and steamed broccoli (have had this on the menu for the last couple of days but have eaten something else - we HAVE to eat this tonight since fish doesn't last very long in the fridge!!)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Librarian67
on 5/18/19 4:53 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning Trish and all! Another busy day ahead. The local public library is open from 10 to 5 and I plan to be there as much of that as possible to get in alot of solid studying. Yesterday I took off and had planned an all day study...but that certainly didn't work out! We did decide not to run errands this morning before the library so that will give me a bit of time to breathe before knuckling down...I need that!

Yesterday was SUPER stressful. I did a good heavy workout early with my trainer (I needed that to start my day in the right frame of mind). Then drove almost an hour in heavy Beltway traffic to the Breast Center. Waited an hour and a half for the first test.... In all, I was at the Breast Center for almost 4 hours, mostly waiting. Then another hour drive home in heavy Beltway traffic. I had debated going to the library for a few hours, but decided to just go home and take care of myself because I was almost in meltdown. I ended up slathering on the sunscreen and laying in the sunshine like a lazy cat for an hour and a half doing NOTHING! It really did help.

In the results news...there really wasn't any diagnosis other than I have very dense breast tissue post large weight loss and PS (my PS says that is very common when your body fat is low as well). I go back again for a series of tests in 6 months. I am just trying to be grateful that there aren't more tests right now.

Accountability: not bad because I was occupied most of the day (had 2 Chomps & a protein shake). I did stop at McD's on the way home and had a cone. Not the most healthy choice but I decided not to feel guilty about it.

Menu:

B: coffee w/ Miralax, soon to have ham & 1/2 cup plain oatmeal w/ blueberries & slivered almonds

S: Carb Master yogurt

L: Wendy's chili

S: Chomps

D: maybe something from the Whole Foods salad bar or fish tacos w/o the tortillas

E: a couple of walks around the library parking lot

Have a great Saturday folks!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Librarian67
on 5/18/19 4:54 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Also wondering about the blacked salmon. Sounds great! Do you have a recipe or is it something you bought?

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 5/18/19 7:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I have some blackening seasoning that I bought at the store awhile ago - I think it was by Spice Supreme, but I'm googling it now and it looks like several of the spice companies make it (I'd get up and go out to the kitchen and check what brand I have, but one of the cats just settled down for a nap on my lap). I just rub it on the fish or chicken or whatever I'm blackening and then grill it (for grilling, I usually just use my grill pan on the stove (I have a gas stove - so using a grill pan on that is a good approximation to using a gas grill outside).

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

karenp8
on 5/18/19 5:02 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Lily and I already have our first walk in this am and will do at least 2 more. Today is supposed to be another warm day here. We went from a high of 65 to a high of 85 in a span of 1 day and yesterday we had to turn on the ac. Making sure to stay hydrated and did good with 100 ounces yesterday. Accountability food and stepwise was great and weight is 123.2 today. Here's the eats B2/3c earnest eats hot cereal L 4 oz fish at local festival D4 oz tuna with 1 t mayo S if needed 2 oz pork rinds. Pics are from our walk this morning.

Librarian67
on 5/18/19 5:28 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Beautiful sunrise and happy girl!!

Also wanted to say how proud I am of you that you are keeping your weight down. It's got to be hard with all of your moving around.

karenp8
on 5/18/19 7:19 am - Brighton, IL

It's a challenge with hubby's snacks in the camper,but I'm 3 pounds away from my goal weight and I remind myself minute by minute how hard it is to get the weight back off. That makes it easier to make the healthier choice.

Au_Contraire
on 5/18/19 10:35 pm

Your dedication to your health and weight maintenance is so admirable, Karen! May I ask how tall you are?

I love that photo of the sunrise through the trees, and Lily, of course, is a doll!

karenp8
on 5/19/19 4:37 am - Brighton, IL

I'm 5'6",Cara.

Greateight
on 5/18/19 8:20 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody. I have already been to two different Target's with Marilyn as she searches out the Vineyard Vines Target collection that is being released today. I think that she got everything that she wanted, so I am free for the rest of the day. Mainly gym, yard work and a haircut for me.

My hair is starting to thin, I think. But I can't tell how much is surgery vs. just aging.

Other than that I will probably watch the race this afternoon. I would love a nap but they never seem to happen.

74 Burpees, still have 30 left to go.

Breakfast: omlette

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Steak

Snack: Light and Fit

Dinner TBD.

Have a great weekend, all.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views