My WLS and my school project...

Ithocles
on 12/12/11 12:21 am
I never knew how my beliefs about medical knowledge would impact me before starting this journey.  Six month later, I can really see how it helped me with working through the medical system and all the doctors I had to go see.  It impacted me so much, I made it the topic of my school project...my dissertation.  I'd love to see what you all think and have the diversity here shown in my results.  If you're willing, go to this link and take the survey.  Pass it to any friends and family you have as well.  Thanks so much!

Link:  https://okstateed.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6JdqtgoNoZ2xAi0

If you can't click the link, just copy and paste it into a browser.

Regards,

Danny

RosieSweetie21
on 12/24/11 10:36 pm
Danny- I just did your survey. It was pretty easy and did not take long. I also had my husband take it.   I am a high school teacher and I always love it when people want to be more educated ! Good Luck on your dissertation (and your weight loss!)  -Rosie
Ithocles
on 1/3/12 11:31 pm
Thank so much Rosie.  I really appreciate it!  It's going pretty good so far, and data collection has been decent.

Sincerely,

Danny

krazykay
on 1/29/12 11:07 am
Just finished your survey and found it thought provoking.

One of the things that I am discovering about myself since WLS  is that I am (finally!) taking more responsibility for monitoring my health. Sure, I still depend on the docs and other medical professionals, but I am tracking my labs, checking my blood pressure, blood sugar levels, taking meds and vits daily instead of sporadically, etc.

Obviously, this is because I can't afford NOT to do this post gastric bypass. In the past I was much more relaxed about these things. In part, I think that my inaction was a form of denial, along the lines of ..."if I didn't get a blood sugar meter then I must not really have diabetes." 

Now when I see a doctor it feels like we are a team. I ask many more more questions, and  take their responses more to heart. I can see how my actions are making a difference in my health. It feels empowering. And of course its so rewarding to see all the "bad" numbers go down.

Sorry Danny! I see I rambled a bit off topic. Best of luck with your dissertation.
KrazyK
NewtoYou
on 7/13/12 11:41 pm
VSG on 09/10/12
Yes!  This exactly!    I too have only recently started taking on accountability for everything.  

This journey has truly opened my eyes to how dishonest I have been with myself over the years; to let myself get to this point.  

Good luck Danny! 
(deactivated member)
on 12/8/22 6:28 am

Hi all, hope you are still here, I also opened for myself the forums, this is very interesting;
What a pity that I also all these years I was lying to myself and not trying to do something with my weight, now I feel much more free and I can say this to people, I am very glad that I find person like me.

Horacebeasley
on 12/16/22 7:08 am, edited 1/2/23 10:02 pm

In fact, it irritates me a lot when someone rehashes old topics, but sometimes I like to read the traces left many years ago and compare how people thought then and now. On this lagna I use https://edusson.com/graduate-paper-writing-service because graduate paper writing service and besides to this they handle other writing, it helps me a lot with college and my projects because it saves me a lot of time.

lolapaluuza
on 6/7/23 6:43 am

In any project, be it your startup or business, you should follow various rules and strategies. I advise you to read more tips in the article at the sloboda studio. Often problems begin due to premature scaling of a business when it is not optimized enough. On the site you can learn more about how to do everything correctly.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4296 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8547 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8078 views