A am nervous, scared, and feeling vulnerable

SassyItalian
on 4/7/11 11:42 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
I am 3.5 months post-op and just starting to feel like myself again...

And at the end of April I will be having surgery AGAIN to remove a cyst from my ovary...more surgery, more healing, more scars...

I am nervous that it will take me another few months to feel normal AGAIN...

I am scared they will have to remove my whole ovary which I do not want to happen....

One of the reasons I had surgery was so I can have a healthy pregnancy one day (not for a long time, I have another 4 years of school)....

I hate not being in control! It scares me to death.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

peachynptc
on 4/7/11 11:53 am - Fayetteville, GA
Said a prayer for you just now. Hope things will turn out okay. Keep us updated!

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

FatGuyInALittleCoat
on 4/7/11 11:58 am - New Orleans
It's ok to be nervous, scared & vulnerable... you're a human being.  Fear of the unknown is frightening to us.  It's ok to not be in control.  We're rarely in control anyway, but we don't notice when everything's going right in our lives.  Hoping your surgery goes great & you have an easy recovery.  Stay sassy!

Current weight: 170 lbs.

Once I reach goal, this cow will be killed & eaten... 2 ounces at a time.

Total includes 56 lbs. lost on 2-month low carb pre-op diet.  Start date 9/13/10.

Jenijeni
on 4/7/11 12:02 pm
I'll be thinking of you! Sending positive thoughts and happy vibes your way!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Lisa D.
on 4/7/11 12:08 pm - New Orleans, LA
Relax and concentrate on this journey for now.  I had a total hysterectomy withh both ovaries, tubes, everything , out 2 years ago at age 48.  The recovery was a snap.  No pain meds.  No fatigue.  No pain.  You will be amazed on how easy it will be.  You aren't putting a shock on a major system, like the digestive system, that is constantly working so the effects on the body are small.  You can still have a healthy pregnancy with one ovary. 

Tell your surgeon to poke you in the same spots you just had poked.  Save a scar! 

And be very careful...there have been several posts about unexpected pregnancies for some of the newly slim girls!!
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/11 1:05 pm - Castle Rock, CO
I had an ovarian cyst when I was really young (12 or something!) and had to hv the cyst removed laparoscopically w/2 small incisions.  It wasn't bad at all.. considering I was still so young.

On the positive side, I went onto have a healthy pregnancy and delivered my baby girl in Dec 2007 (I was 29 at the time). she is 3 now, wonderful and a handful, keeps me on my toes for sure.. everyday..part of my exercise routine.. hehe

Sending you prayers and best wishes for a quick recovery as well..! 
91Annie15
on 4/7/11 2:44 pm - CA
 I wish I could give you a real one!  
-AA   
jimbovsg
on 4/7/11 5:33 pm
Sorry to hear that.. i can't imagine having another surgery so soon.   i probably would have pouted and cried like a baby for a couple of days!   I  hear ya on the "control" thing i like to be in "control" as much as possible of my own destiny......even though I KNOW  I cannot control MANY  things in life.....this is an example of such!  All we can do in cases like this is put our trust in health care professionals.  you can/will  do this.....and you will be fine. Here's to an uneventful surgery...and a speedy....pain free recovery. 

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

byebyeburden
on 4/8/11 12:20 am
sorry to hear about the surgery.  I will be thinking positive thoughts for you.....
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

DragonGirl
on 4/8/11 3:44 am - MN
Hugs Sassy!! Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way!!
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views