HELP 3 Weeks post-op did anyone what kind of food did u guys eat???

imagem616
on 4/10/11 3:37 am - Falls Church, VA
Help do you guys have any type of recipes or please tell me what you guys are eating......HELP!!!!!!!
Jenijeni
on 4/10/11 3:45 am
Are you on mushies?

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

sleeve genie
on 4/10/11 3:54 am - Alhambra, CA
i always post these links when someone asks about the diet guidelines/timelines.  Lots of great info.  Depending on what stage your doctor has you there are lots of things you can eat.   In the mushy soft food stages i ate lots of egg/chicken/tuna salad.  Turkey meatballs with spaghetti sauce and turkey chili.  beans with cheese.   yogurt,  cottage cheese, eggs.   Good luck,  the first month is the hardest  :o) Jeani
http://www.sleeveguide.com/uploads/1/7/9/4/1794785/dietguidevged42006feb.pdf
http://www.northwestobesitysurgery.com/pdf/sleeve-gastrectomy-diet.pdf
http://www.cornellweightlosssurgery.org/pdf/dietary_guidelines_sleeve_gastrectomy.pdf

the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

a_new_me10
on 4/10/11 8:37 am - CA
hi was just curious how do you make your egg chicken and tuna salads.  What all do you put in them? I will be 2wks post op tomorrow.  Thanks for you help
sleeve genie
on 4/10/11 8:56 am - Alhambra, CA
Hi,  egg salad,  tuna salad and chicken salad.   I just boied some eggs and used mayo,   canned tuna with mayo,   caned white chicken with mayo and to each i added  a little salt and pepper.   Can't have any raw veggies yet so no onion or celery but it all went down easy for me.   Congratulations on your surgery,  enjoy the new and improved you :o) Jeani

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

a_new_me10
on 4/10/11 9:04 am - CA
Thank you so much for replying to me and the reminder about green onions probably would have put those in there not even thinking as a raw vegie so thank you so much :) Yes i am so excited to be able to eat a few things and get out of the liqued stage glad that was only 2 weeks and i have sure been counting down the days :). I have seen some of your posts and they always help e :)
Jenn H.
on 4/10/11 10:50 am - Portland, OR
 Eeep about not eating raw veggies yet! I have pre-made tuna salad from TJ's with little bits of onion and celery that I've been eating the past few days. Why is it bad for you? Hopefully this small amount isn't doing damage.

Age: 32 | Ht: 6' | HW: 350 | Pre-op: 330 | SW: 311 | CW: 207 | My Blog: vsgjenn.tumblr.com

Monthly loss: 1,-24lb/2,-13lb/3,-11lb/4,-12lb/5,-11lb/6,-14lb/7,-9lb/8,-8lb/9,-7lb/10,-3lb/11,-5lb/12,-10lb/13,-3lb/14,-1

sleeve genie
on 4/10/11 11:21 am - Alhambra, CA
Well i was told no raw veggies or salad type stuff that all veggies had to be cooked very soft.  Also no skins like apple or whatever.   The reason i was given is the fibers could maybe get under the staple line and cause a leak.  Again we all know everyone gets different guidelines but especially in the first month they want us to only swallow liquid like consistency.   I was told no salad until 3 months out.   I was dying for a salad :o) Jeani

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

walmartian
on 4/10/11 10:34 am
I've been mashing up some black beans with cheese sauce, but I can't eat more than a couple of tablespoons full. And right now, once a day is enough for nonliquids, for me. Yesterday I mashed up a few strawberries, they are good right now!

Most Active