I want to do the vsg!

Joanne J.
on 4/12/11 1:55 am - Canada
I want to do the sleeve not sure which is better for me sleeve or rny? whats the difference
anninva
on 4/12/11 2:08 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
hi joanne! it's great that you're so interested in vsg. no-one can make the choice for you, but i think there are a couple of universal reasons that those of us who chose it over RNY did so.

(1) very mimimal malabsorption; (2) no re-routing of anything; (3) no dumping -- eating real food in much smaller amounts; (4) can still take NSAIDs for pain which can be important for people with arthritis and stuff like that.

you guys can correct me if i'm wrong. my choice was for permanent restriction with the ability to eat normal food and have it digested normally. that's me though. RNY is a good option too. a lot to think about!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

ashleyc
on 4/12/11 2:40 am - AL
I totally agree!! I can't wait to get sleeved!!! 
Ashley Cornelison
Can't wait to be sleeved!!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
smilinmomof3
on 4/12/11 2:51 am - MI
The Malabsorption issues were the bigges deciding factor for me. And the dumping syndrome. With the sleeve we can eat normal food without issue for the most part. And everything processes through as usual. Also later on down the road- Certain medications just don't work well with RNY - So that is another factor.
I too can't wait to be sleeved in May! 

WHOOO BABY - I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Joanne J.
on 4/12/11 6:49 am - Canada
Only thing i heard is that you dont have achoice to pick most people say you only can pick RNY i dont understand why when theirs 2 options to pick sleeve or rny i want to make the choice thats right for me am gonna explain that to my surgeon..not sure if can handle rny it sounds so drastic and complications..
MediumSoon
on 4/12/11 12:43 pm - TX
Sleeve is the best thing I have ever done for myself. Make sure you find a surgeon who has lots of experience - either sleeve or RNY experience (surgical maneuvers are very similar).

Most Active