pills?

harleybella
on 4/21/11 1:04 pm
so i was wondering when you were cleared to take pills? when i left the hospital they said i could but then put me on liquid zantac, they put some gallbladder meds in for me yesterday and it pills??
VSG on 4/4/11!!
Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal
273/     248 /      201/      155

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 1:13 pm
I was taking pills while still in the hospital. I take pills with no problem and can take large pills with a tiny sip of water but having said that some of my pills are huge and by the time I finish taking them I a full up.  I try to take my AM pills an hour after eating and my PM pills just before bed.
sleeve genie
on 4/21/11 1:24 pm, edited 4/21/11 1:25 pm - Alhambra, CA
I was crushing my pills for about 3 weeks, yuky,  best to take with a spoon of pudding if that's on your ok list of foods.  Then i started cutting them up smaller with a pill cutter, by a month out i just started swallowing them and have had no problem.  I didn't start the gallbladder pills until after two months out.  good luck  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 1:40 pm
VSG on 03/14/11 with
I can now cut mine. The rule of thumb from my doc is to cut anything larger than the end of a writing pen (the end, not the tip )
MediumSoon
on 4/21/11 3:34 pm - TX
I started taking pillS after 2 weeks.

thisbe777
on 4/21/11 3:56 pm
i wasn't so good at taking pills, only because i needed so much water to swallow them that i would get very uncomfortable....    i managed to find a lot of chewable, dissolvable ones to make it easier....

the only actual pills i swallow are my blood pressure meds and my multi-vitamin....  PPI, calcium, iron, D3, are all chewable....

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views