I working! The Sleeve is working!

SassyItalian
on 4/25/11 4:13 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
2 experiences I wanted to share with you guys..

This morning I went to see an anesthesiologist for a surgery I am having Thursday. He looked at my previous surgeries and asked why I had the partial gastrectomy. I told him it was a weight loss surgery. He remarked, "Did you use to be heavy?" HA! Who would have thought I would ever hear that!

The other thing I noticed it in Hawaii but particularly on Saturday when I was at the supermarket..I am starting to stop traffic again like I did when I was younger! Not to be conceited but lets face it, the physical aspects of the VSG are a plus, looking better, younger, etc. I noticed so many people staring at me and I even heard one woman tell her husband, "You just better keep your eyes straight ahead!". Love it!

Have a great, sunny day!
xo
Sassy

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

scribeguy
on 4/25/11 4:24 am - NY
 Love it!  And bravo.

It's nice to feel good about yourself and regain your confidence. Keep it up!!

julissa0228
on 4/25/11 4:25 am
Awesome, Great job.
borntobethin35
on 4/25/11 4:27 am - VA
Hi Sassy,

How was Hawaii? You are doing great girl!!!
HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

SassyItalian
on 4/25/11 4:35 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Hawaii was amazing!! I hiked, swam, climbed, surfed...and I kept waiting for the back, knee, or arm pain to come that I would have had before..I waited and waited and guess what - No Pain! In fact I felt invincible. I exercised like I never could have pre-sleeve. Loved every second of it. Thanks for asking! xoxo
Puppylovemommy
on 4/25/11 4:51 am - LA
That's an awesome feeling isn't it?  I can't wait to see men looking at me too!  Its such an ego builder ya know???
stephanie507
on 4/25/11 5:13 am - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with
I am feeling the same way even though I have more weight to lose.  But I've notice people are looking at me more and makes me want to dress better then  I use to on the weekends lol.  I am feeling stronger since losing the 75 lbs.  I feel sexier however have not meet anyone new yet but it's going to happened....lol  Be blessed

jimbovsg
on 4/25/11 5:30 am
TOLD YA!  Your friends will be envious of YOU now!  Boo-hoo for them!  Glad you're accepting your new reality!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Kristy R.
on 4/25/11 5:53 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I try not to get too caught up in the physical aspects, but it is very uplifting to feel and look better.  Today, I looked in the mirror and already it is like the clock is turning back.  It's amazing watching yourself emerge as the weight comes off.
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Sabrina R.
on 4/25/11 7:04 am - CA
You're doing awesome! I hope I lose as much as you the first month! My surgery is May 23rd and I'm flying to Colorado to see my daughter June 29th! Hopeing she'll be able to see a difference in my weight! What kind of exercising are you doing?  I can't wait to get started!

Thanks!
Sabrina =o)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views