Eating Problems

DivaDimples
on 5/1/11 1:10 am - LA
I tried not to post because I don't want to feel like a bother, but i have to realize my OH family is here for exactly that..Support when you don't know the answers.. I'm almost 7 weeks out and I have been doing basically OK but the only issue I'm having is that I'm still having problems eating. I'm some cases i eat like 3 small baby spoonfuls and I'm done, and than on the other side I eat something and I guess it doesn't agree and comes back up or comes out immediately the other way (TMI) It make me scared to eat somethings and than sometimes I'm eating and it comes back up foamy, i think i chewing well and eating slow.. Is the normal at this stage?

felicity2u
on 5/1/11 1:26 am - LA
You have to take everyday one step at a time.  For me, I didn't rush into different types of food right away.  When I found something that my tummy liked, I would eat it for about a week and then move on to something new.  Our new tummies have a mind of it's own and one day it might like one thing and the next day it might not.  If you try something one day and your tummy doesn't agree with it, most say to stay away from that for a about a week and then try again and you may have completely different results.  I'm at a little over 8 weeks out I get that every now and then.  About the amount of food, it depends on what your eating.  If it is dense protein, I can only fit in a little bit but if it is something more liquid like soup, I can fit much more.  Make sure to chew well and eat slowly, when I don't eat slow enough, it feels like it is going to come back up! Most important thing is to get your fluids in and keep hydrated! You are doing great!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Jenijeni
on 5/1/11 1:41 am
Are you getting in enough fluids? Dehydration can make it difficult to eat or drink. You may want to give your doc a call and just get checked out. Might need a bag of I.v. Fluids to bring you back to " normal". Hopefully, not... But it's possible. Good luck!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

phatnurse
on 5/1/11 2:29 am

Diva,
I agree with Jeni. If you are dehydrated (or nearing dehydration), you will have the physical desire to want to vomit often. I know that even now, if I eat too quickly or swallow too much at once (no matter how well it's chewed), I get the foamies and it immediately comes back up. That happened to me yesterday, as a matter of fact. It was the first time it happened in a long while now (the last time it happened was about 2 or 3 weeks ago). Also, like the writer before me said, try a one new food a week. If your sleeve likes it, stay on it for that week, then move on to something new.  It has been working for me so far, so I'm going to stick to that little plan because in the beginning, I felt like I would never eat "normally" again. Now that I'm eating better (by trying one or two new foods a week), I'm always hungry! Go figure!  

At any rate, I know it's frustrating, and probably easier said than done, but just take one day at a time and even if you think you're eating slooooowlllllyyyyy, eat EVEN SLOWER! LOL!

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten. Change starts from within.....             
cindyls06
on 5/1/11 7:27 am - Marietta, GA
I am really sorry you are having this problem Diva. I would also recommend calling your doctors office and make them aware just in case it continues. I would also see if they have any suggestions. 

Not to hijack your post Diva -
But I did want to say to Phatnurse, that I am having that same issue with feeling hungry all the time. I told my doctor last week and he said that my signals are all messed up, because I feel like I am hungry when I drink 30 minutes after eating (and that there is NO way possible) and if I wait to long to eat I get nauseas.

Cindy

DivaDimples
on 5/1/11 11:04 am - LA
Thank you guys for all of you're support each and everyone of your are correct.. I just need to take it one day at a time.. and not rush.. I just got out of the hospital for dehydration so I know what that feels like and I don't want to go back there again. I'm doing really good with liquids I think I really think i just needs to stick with what work and do a better job at chewing..Its soo frustrating at times I want to cry because I just want to feel normal ...

Happy966
on 5/1/11 12:40 pm

Hi Diva - I am sorry you're having a rough time.  I found your YouTube videos completely by accident and I fell in love with them!  What a good job you're doing!  I will be thinking about you and hope you get the best guidance (I'm pre-op - no help there).  Good luck!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active