Post-Op diet question

A911Angel
on 5/2/11 12:38 pm
 May date is May 10th and I'm trying to do my shopping list. The first item is Clear liquid protein drinks, the second is High Protein , low carb supplement.  Any suggestions on what to buy??  Also do those count in your liquid intake?  Should I drink gatorade instead of water?  Sorry, I'm kinda freeing out.  I don't want to get dehydrated!!
Jenijeni
on 5/2/11 12:43 pm
Yes, it all counts as liquid. My doc recommended G2 Gatorade to replace electrolytes and keep my legs from cramping. I lived on G2 for e first few days! My nut said water is harder to drink than something with flavor... Mio is a good option! Good luck!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

A911Angel
on 5/2/11 12:46 pm
 thank you, any suggestion about the other?
heathermc44
on 5/2/11 12:53 pm - Bremerton, WA
 I would just caution you not to get too much stuff as your tastes will change and what you like now, you will not like after your surgery.  I would just make sure you have some protein powders.  I'm not sure what you mean by high protein, low carb supplements.  

A911Angel
on 5/2/11 1:08 pm
 Thank you!!  I don't know what it means either..
SpankyVybez
on 5/2/11 1:33 pm - Brooklyn, NY
VSG on 03/01/11 with
On May 2, 2011 at 7:53 PM Pacific Time, heathermc44 wrote:
 I would just caution you not to get too much stuff as your tastes will change and what you like now, you will not like after your surgery.  I would just make sure you have some protein powders.  I'm not sure what you mean by high protein, low carb supplements.  
I concur. I made that mistake of stockpiling Myoplex I used it  for my pre surgery diet and it was fine. after the surgery, I just could not stand it and I had to give it all away.

Denial delays progress and resolution                
Jenijeni
on 5/2/11 1:02 pm
Nectar and unjury make good clear liquid protein stuff. Unjury's chicken flavor is good (like broth). There are a bunch of different protein drinksyou can try... Everyones tastes are different.

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

A911Angel
on 5/2/11 1:09 pm
 Do you know if they sell them at GNC?
glendary
on 5/2/11 1:13 pm
My fav before and after surgery is Premier Protein shakes.  They are pre-mixed and can be purchased at Sam's or Costco.  Sam's has a 12 pack. Costco sells an 18 pk.  They are kinda like a yoo-hoo but thicker.  My husband that is only 170 lbs also drinks them. 

30 g of protein in 11 oz and only 5 g carbs.

Before surgery I could drink a whole one.  They were part of my liquid diet pre-op.  After surgery I could drink about 1/3, then later could drink about 1/2 and now I am up to about 7 or 8 oz.  Yep, I am 5+ months out and still drink them.  I know if you buy them from Sam's and dont like them, you can return the unopened ones for a full refund...no questions asked.
Glendary        
A911Angel
on 5/2/11 1:17 pm
 Good to know.  Thank you very much
Most Active