Sleeve and the sweet tooth

diane S.
on 6/26/11 9:55 am
I had a horrid sweet tooth and my surgeon gently suggested considering the rny for that reason but I wanted no part of that for various reasons (read my blog). But I am happy to report that 19 months post sleeve I have shaken that sweet tooth. I will eat a bite or two of a nice dessert if its presented at a dinner party and I sometimes eat a tiny dark choc bar or a bit of trader joe's sugar free chocolate. And I put a teaspoon of honey on my greek yogurt. But I am in maintenance phase and stayed away from all that during weight loss. So if you prefer the sleeve for other reasons, balance those against the sweet thing but don't let the sweet tooth dictate. I am so glad I did the sleeve. So easy to live with and I can take advil if I need it and no dumping syndrome or other yucky stuff.   GL  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

sianabob
on 6/27/11 12:36 am
If I "have" to have chocolate I eat dark chocolate covered almonds... they at least have protiwn and dark chocolate is better for you... I used to eat all sorts of sweets
.. it is not hard to slip up and make the mistake but I in no way am capable nor want to eat like before the sleeve

glzgowlass
on 6/27/11 8:46 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Thanks all for the great information.  I read a lot of posts about dumping and my doc certainly played it up.  Probably because he wants his patients to avoid as much of the stuff that caused the obesity in the first place. 

I will continue to read because if I decide to get the sleeve, it will be a long wait as I will have to switch to a MTF and even then only if they accept me as a patient.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 465 views