Day 6 and I'm feeling so much better!

Could_It_Be
on 6/27/11 5:40 am
 I've not had any problems getting my liquids in. Finally was able to finish a protein shake earlier but man, they give me a bit of a stomach ache and the runs.

I know liquid in, liquid out but I didn't expect it to be more like crampy "I have a bug" diarrhea. :(

Having some strained soup now and will mix up another shake in an hour or so.

Sound par for the course?

VSG on 6/22/11
Ms. Poker Face
on 6/27/11 5:45 am
 We are on the same path!  Today was my "turn the corner day" or at least I hope it is and I don't backslide.  Also, the runs are all I get right now.  Never trust a fart!!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

ashwarren
on 6/27/11 5:50 am
Have been wondering how you were doing.  So glad to hear you are feeling well.  It's great you are able to get in fluids.  I had a hard time getting in over 32 oz the first 6 weeks.  You will do great.  Please let me know if you have any questions. 
  HW: 240 SW: 227       
Could_It_Be
on 6/27/11 5:58 am
SS I'm glad it's not just me. I'm calling it a 'rumble in the jungle' and when I get it I know I need to MOVE quick
Am crossing my fingers for no backsliding cause I feel tons better today.

Thanks Ash, all went well except the pain pump was making me barfy so I had to spend another night in the hospital. All in all, today is SOOOOOO much better! I'm kind of shocked at how much I can drink. I get a little pressure if I do too much but I can almost drink as I did before the surgery- strange.

Thanks for popping in, y'all!
jfab1978
on 6/27/11 6:06 am - CA
Today is my Day 6 as well.  First few days I was lucky if I finished an Isopure (20 ounces), This morning I'm on my last glass of my first bottle!  Things are going down much easier, although, I've tried some greek yogurt and cream of brocolli soup yesteday and that hurt all the way down.  Still learning to not Gulp, but small sips, which takes some effort.  Not much to report in the poop department, only done the deed once since I've been home from the hospital last week.   I'm healing well, only hurt when I bend over and when my incisions touch my clothes.  I'm losing weight steadily, down 10 lbs since last week.. can't beat that! 

Could_It_Be
on 6/27/11 6:09 am
 Whoot whoot! I would kill for some yogurt. I have to be on 'clear' liquids for 2 weeks :(

VSG on 6/22/11
kimshealth
on 6/27/11 6:30 am - LA
You are doing awesome!! Protein shakes have been really hard for me. I have been on broth water and sugar free Popsicles. They are the best. I did buy me some bananas and strawberries. I'm going to attempt to make me a shake with protein. I'm going to try some different stuff so I can get more down. I am proud of us all. I'm happy that there are several of us that got the surgery close to the same time.

lucy2e
on 6/27/11 6:18 am - Laurel, MD
Just do your best with the proteins - if your tummy revolts too much, back off for the rest of the day!  (They're tempermental little brats!)  So glad the fluid is going easier - it's amazing how much better you feel once you can drink enough!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

MediumSoon
on 6/27/11 6:18 am - TX
Sounds great! And it will keep getting better every day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views