I'm back from surgery and in some pain!

MARTINQ
on 7/3/11 8:36 am - RIVERDALE, GA
hello everyone im back from being sleeved and boy am i hurting! i had to have an incision about 2 1/2 inches to 3 inches long to pull out the severed tummy. This is what hurts the most! besides that i dont think i would be in any pain!? Not hungry at all tired of the gas though! But i wouldnt change my decision for anything! oh yeah...I had a huge swollen hand due to the IV being placed in a small vein and then began fluid build up under the skin. talking about pain  especially when the teritol was given!  But Im sleeved!!
pebbles4388
on 7/3/11 8:38 am - MA
VSG on 01/12/12
Congratulatons! I wish you a speedy recovery and really fast weight loss!

Banded on 11/02/06. Looking forward to a revision to VSG.  

Suane
on 7/3/11 8:40 am - Livingston County, MI
All of that and still a great attitude about being a loser! How can you not succeed? We are here for you. The pain will pass and so will the gas, () and you are on your way to a great life.

Stay positive.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

acbbrown
on 7/3/11 8:49 am - Granada Hills, CA
The worst pain for me, other than the gas, was the heprin(sp?) shots (blood thinner) in my arm. I'm 3 weeks out and the bruises are just now starting to disappear.

By a week out, I didn't have any more pain (but that changed with a weird issue at 2 weeks out) so you're almost there!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

roundater
on 7/3/11 9:13 am - Lincoln, NE
Way to go on being sleeved. Sorry you have had bumps in the road but way to keep the positive attitude. Hopefully you will have a smoother recovery. Let me know if I can help.
Rich Sonderegger

Shari H.
on 7/3/11 11:33 am - MI
 Congratulations on your sleeve!  Sorry they had to give you a regular incision, though.  Make sure you are not shy about taking your pain medication as often as ordered!  And, of course, do your coughin and deep breathing and/or incentive spirometer, get up and walk as much as you can tolerate, and sip them thar fluids! 

Shari

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op