Sleeved and home!

sandycnv
on 7/6/11 3:11 pm - Clayton, CA

Well I am sleeved and home.  My one night in the hospital was uneventful.  I wasn't resting very well so they let me come home a day early.  I am not really in pain.

I do need to get used to the bubbles everytime I take a drink.  I sleep in the up-right position to avoid any gas pains.  I also have a low grade 99.5 degree fever.  My discharge paperwork said it was only a problem over 100 degress, so I will keep an eye on it.

Overall I am thrilled to finally be on the losers Bench.  It seems like it took forever.

Sandy

meruzhan1
on 7/6/11 3:21 pm
 I hope you feel better soon, please let me know how you do since I am new and very confused. I want to do the surgery too but thinking about it.
I hope you recover very soon.
LonnieThatGirl D.
on 7/6/11 3:29 pm
 Glad to hear that it went fairly well... hope you recover fully - quickly!
GiGi W.
on 7/6/11 3:55 pm
Congrats to you!!! I can't WAIT to be able to post what you just posted :)

Good luck with the rest and the bubbles. From what I've read, just walk as much as you can, and sip, sip sip as much as you can.

How long did you take off of work?

KikiRox85
on 7/6/11 5:02 pm - CA
Congrats Sandy,
Welcome to the losers bench. Remember walk, sip, rest... repeat.

roundater
on 7/6/11 8:23 pm - Lincoln, NE
Hope the rest of your journey is as smooth as mine has been. My pain was gone in two days and it was mostly gassy too. 27 days out and feel great. Let me know if I can help.
Rich Sonderegger

Dawnie 88
on 7/6/11 9:33 pm
welcome home..and congrat's on getting sleeved!

IrishColleen
on 7/6/11 11:21 pm - Owosso, MI
 Moving over on the bench to make room for the new you!!!

So glad everything went well.  Take it easy but walk lots, sip lots, and rest lots!!

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
Carly ~
on 7/6/11 11:55 pm
 Congrats on your surgery!
Don't worry about a low-grade fever.. I had one for the first 8 to 10 days.  Surgeon said sometimes when your body goes through that much trauma, it happens to help heal.  I had to go to ER if it went over 102, but highest temp was 99.8.

Glad you are not having pain issues.  Keep on top of it though, and take your pain meds before the pain comes on strong!

All the best -- and congrats!!

Nicole S.
on 7/7/11 1:03 am - Vallejo, CA
Congrats and Happy Healing!! 
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 140 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 408 views