Augut Reboot: Day 2 - Bringing Sexy Back

Kelanore
on 8/1/11 10:52 pm - MN
Okay....I'm not going to lie. All that extra weight took a toll on my self-esteem. So today as Day 2 of of the August Reboot, I'm going to bring sexy back. My goal for today is to show a little sass, shake a little of what my mama gave me and concentrate on feeling good in own skin.

I'd love to hear any of your stories on how you've brought sexy back--a time recently where you felt really good about yourself and where you are in your journey.

August Reboot in a Nutshell:
Program yourself for greatness! Program yourself for Success.
Eat well: Not just low-cal, not just low-carb-nutritious. Get the veggies and vitamins in (when you are able. If you are closer to your surgery date most veggies may not be an option at this point).

Feel it: Feel and appreciate the blessings you have in your life. Family, friends, your weight-loss thus far...whatever it is concentrate on feeling the benefits of your successes and your blessings and appreciating them.

Speak it: Every word counts. Be kind to yourself. Concentrate on positive affirmations to yourself and others. I'm convinced that the more positive energy we put out there, the more likely we are to succeed in all of our endeavors.

Believe it: Believe that you will achieve your goals. Believe in yourself!

Achieve it! This one speaks for itself. Celebrate the small goals as well as the big ones.

Elaine2
on 8/2/11 12:40 am, edited 8/2/11 12:50 am - Atlanta, GA
Sexy Back-----not there yet.......can't really talk about it.

But can say that it's the #1 played song on my ipod. It plays twice on my workout playlist daily...reminds me of one of the reasons I'm doing this.

Can you get Sexy Back if you never had it to begin with????   Let's hope so.

PS--I like your August Reboot.

Edited for spell check

Kelanore
on 8/2/11 1:41 am - MN
The song was the inspiration for the message. I like to listen to it when I'm on the treadmill. I have to say that I don't know if I've ever really felt "sexy" . But..I think also think I'm too hard on myself. I certainly have a lot of body issues and am not always confident about the way I look or the areas that seem to be a little saggy these days.

I was reading about how every word that we say to ourselves counts. I know that giving myself more positive affirmations can help me on this journey. So.....today, I decided to do my best to feel sexy and just feel good about where I am today. I'm not running around in a bikini or anything....but I am running around in shorts and a t-shirt and feeling pretty good. That's something I couldn't say a year ago (I was too self conscious about my fat legs to wear shorts.) So cheers to being happy for at least one day with where I am now (and getting on the treadmill so I can be happy about where I am tomorrow too .
BriarRose
on 8/2/11 1:04 am
My mantra since hitting "Onderland" and 100 lbs lost is :

-- "Finding Myself Again" --

I am 55 years old, have been obese for more than 25 years; and need and want to figure out who I can be from here. I got out of an emotionally abusive (15 year) marriage; still have one late teen at home; quit my overly stressful job recently, and have a new one, but am still looking for an even better one!

My gifts to myself include making the time to exercise daily, getting either a facial or massage each month, and dressing in what makes me feel good; not wearing something just because it fits.

My rewards for this month are :

Going camping with friends and dd;

Going horseback riding into the mountains;

and living life to the fullest !!!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Kelanore
on 8/2/11 1:53 am - MN
What a journey we're all on! Congrats! It sounds like you are making a lot of really positive changes!
Ms Shell
on 8/2/11 1:27 am - Hawthorne, CA
Sexy never left me it's just been reduced in size!!  My hair is done, my lips are glossed, my heels are on and I OWN the skin I'm in!!

Bring it back girl and above ALL have FUN doing it!!

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Kelanore
on 8/2/11 2:39 am - MN
Ms Shell,

You rock. I'm going to take a lesson from you.

I will have fun bringin' it back!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views